hung over yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hung over yet again

Thanks nick another top night. Little barrie sure are wicked live better than I expected.

Nice to meet a few of you also wicked!

So whos got a headache then?

Now what was the record I liked and asked someone to remind me of. Be demned if I can remember.
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Nice night, all round.

The Barrie boys are the shiznit live - they create a fab noise!

No hangover here, but I fear there may well be elsewhere. I'm still impressed at how Fryers allegedly veggie curry farts smelt of strawberries. !

Comment

yeah the noise was a bit funny but they kept the audience addicted through it and as my mate said to me :

"well at least here you get the feeling that your in with the band"

That veggie curry oposite is wicked. Full on curry farts over here this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsechaser
        Thanks nick another top night. Little barrie sure are wicked live better than I expected.

Nice to meet a few of you also wicked!

So whos got a headache then?

Now what was the record I liked and asked someone to remind me of. Be demned if I can remember.

They just get better - and they were great to begin with! Thought the feedback and Nick's "experimental" sound mastering gave it even more dirt and rawness !

...and Mr Chaser - the soul-jazz piano tune with the shuffly drums was the

Googie Rene Combo - Smokey Joe's La La (Class 45)

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
          They just get better - and they were great to begin with! Thought the feedback and Nick's "experimental" sound mastering gave it even more dirt and rawness !

...and Mr Chaser - the soul-jazz piano tune with the shuffly drums was the

Googie Rene Combo - Smokey Joe's La La (Class 45)

Cheers si I remember now nice to meet you last night

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba

Glad you enjoyed the feedback, Mr Cheebs - I certainly didn't!

No experimenting per-se, just trying to control the monster feedback created by Chris wacking up the main amp behind the bar, despite sending him a text well before the band even came on, to not fuck around with it... grrrrrr. So basically Barrie's vocals were tripping the limiter and ended up peak and troughing all fuckin night. PA is fucked too, up and down throught the last couple of hours, amp is knackered there...

The band was a bit annoyed by it, but they ended up trying to calm me down instead - I was furious!

Fun night all the same though, nice to see a lot of us 'regulars' there, especially old Rich, who was distinctly wavering whilst standing by the end... And yes Greg: there are some heavy hangovers around the place today...
            http://wakeupanddie.com
            http://weirdgearnyc.com
            http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Im alrite actually! Top night all round.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yep - I'm fine too ( just call me King Evian )

Dunno if the Hero will make to his computer today - we had to stop off for a Tactical Chunder on the way home! .. still, it was his birthday, so we shall let him off.

Top night last night - good to see all the usual suspects (Nick, Greg, Cheeba, Sermad, Francis and Fryer) and to meet some new faces - good to meet you Eclipsechaser!

The band were excellent and I think Nick deserves a well done! for steering that funk ship through some decidedly choppy waters!

.. and respect to the DJ's - Nick, Fryer, Liam and Francis all played some tasty soulful treats that had me slobbering! Good work fellas!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                  Dunno if the Hero will make to his computer today - we had to stop off for a Tactical Chunder on the way home! .. still, it was his birthday, so we shall let him off.
                  Oof, me 'ead! Just about back in focus now - I was a bit sketchy this morning (when you get to my age...). Still with the boss and the rest of the lab away 'til Monday there's noone to mind my late arrival.

Good to meet you Mr Eclipsechaser! I'm glad that Si remembered what tune you asked about 'cos I remember that you asked but I would never have remembered what it was in a million years and it would have bugged me all day. Cheers for driving Sie. And cheers for all that superb music (especially 'Get Thy Bearings' and 'Coffee Cold' Fryer, great way to kick a set off ).
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Rich Hero And cheers for all that superb music (especially 'Get Thy Bearings' and 'Coffee Cold' Fryer, great way to kick a set off ).
                    Yes, to a screaming volley from James Trouble of 'Fryer, turn this off....this is shit!'

Comment

Originally posted by Belson
                      Yes, to a screaming volley from James Trouble of 'Fryer, turn this off....this is shit!'

The 'Barrie were cracking too (should have covered 'Break In The Road' with all that feedback ). Mucho props to Lord Nick Of Stokie for putting the whole shebang together.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

At least we now know what happened to shergar!

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

How can a freak in a goat skin (or was it horse - Shergar anyone?) mack daddy coat comment on people's tastes

Big up to the Hurdy Gurdy Man!

Comment

Working...
                          X