Gutted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gutted!

Check this -> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2537563375

I clocked this last night and I was *very* tempted (it was still for sale then) as it was a really nice price - But I didn't buy it cos it was a double and the seller rated it as vg+.

So I emailed him just to check...and I get an email back saying it was near mint - no noise! So I dash on ebay to do the buy-it-now and its been sold....GUTTED!

Anyone else have more sorrowful stories...  
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Bad luck mate &#33; No specific stories but the last 3 items that i have been really up for having a good old bidding battle on have all been withdrawn early &#33;&#33; starting to really get on my tits that style now
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Towny,

That why I always send the seller a message telling them
      that EBAY will most likely pull the auction and if they do,
      will they sell the LP to me, because EBAY will not allow them
      to relist it

Cheers

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Jack @ 11 June 2003,18:04)]Towny,

That why I always send the seller a message telling them
        that EBAY will most likely pull the auction and if they do,
        will they sell the LP to me, because EBAY will not allow them
        to relist it

Cheers

Jack
        Eh? I&#39;m feeling thick, don&#39;t get that bit...
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

im guessing Jack is talkin about libraries?

Comment

It&#39;s alright Nick, I *rarely* know what Jack is talking about&#33;

Sermad, did he change the listing then, &#39;cos it says near mint for the record. You sure you just didn&#39;t confuse the two ratings?

Right, still time to check the other threads to see if there&#39;s anyone else I can insult.
            Don't call it a comeback... H, N, and the number 7.
            Ok, it's a bit of a comeback, I suppose...

Comment

*Slaps head*

Manzo your so right. Its said NM for the record all along&#33; Doh.

In the universal world of grading records I read VG+/NM to be record then cover.

Thats how I do my auctions...so I kind of didn&#39;t read any of the other bits. Anyone want to make me a joey deacon smiley

www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yes, KPM.

Isn&#39;t Towny talking about KPM auctions being pulled ?

TOWNY

Sermad, you look really old for your age

Jack

Comment

Ah, the welcome return of Sir Joseph of Deaconshire.

&quot;He&#39;s lost his shoe&#33;&quot;

How about a piccie of John of &#39;The Boy Can&#39;t Help It&#39;? As in &quot;Mum you slut&#33; (Spit&#33; Spit&#33&quot; &quot;Cunt&#33;&quot; &quot;Fuck Off&quot; as he walks round Tesco. Legend.

Benicio
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Sermad - you DEACON&#33;

Good call mate&#33;

BTW - What was Joey&#39;s mates called that helped him write his book, one was Ernie I think ? Kids can be cruel I know, but I still think it was funny - one of them could understand Joey but couldn&#39;t type - so he then interpreted it to another mate who typed it all up&#33;

Bloody kids these days don&#39;t seem insulted if you call them a Joey anymore - they have no sense of history - sad days indeed&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (Jack @ 12 June 2003,00:01)]Yes, KPM.

Isn&#39;t Towny talking about KPM auctions being pulled ?

TOWNY

Sermad, you look really old for your age

Jack
                      No, i don&#39;t buy libraries on ebay generally, just chasing old faves that have been on my wants list for decades. I seem to have great luck in finding amazing little bits tucked away in peoples auctions/with the wrong description or something, it&#39;s just they always seem to get spotted and someone like that duffer from deepfunk offers &#39;em a &quot;handsome sum&quot; and shazam&#33; the item vanishes even with 5 bloody bids on it &#33; I thought ebay was an online auction site ?

&quot;the auction has been withdrawn due to a shortfall in the items description.....blah blah blah&quot;

sorry we&#39;ve been there before &#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] ]What was Joey&#39;s mates called that helped him write his book, one was Ernie I think ? One of them could understand Joey but couldn&#39;t type - so he then interpreted it to another mate who typed it all up&#33;  

Bloody kids these days don&#39;t seem insulted if you call them a Joey anymore - they have no sense of history - sad days indeed&#33;

One of JD&#39;s mates was with him on Blue Peter one time, he could understand him and so acted as &quot;interpretor&quot; for Simon Groome and Peter &quot;Duncan Dares&quot; Duncan...

The kids of today... too busy running &#39;round shouting &quot;him a batty boy&quot; at each other, when a simple &quot;Oi &#33; Joey Features&#33;&quot; would suffice..

...still highly effective to this day in my book...  
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Tatty Pickin&#39; &#33;

Comment

It is simply not possible to type &#39;Joey&#39; as it should be spoken, with your tongue stuffed into your bottom lip, over your teeth.

Neither is it possible to demonstrate the &#39;forearm and wrists shuffling a wheelchair along&#39; action necessary to convey the essence of the &#39;special&#39; edition of We Are The Champions...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The cry kind of went Joeeeeeeeeeeeey&#33; at our school:

http://www.log.dial.pipex.com/joeydeacon/joeyback.htm

And I turn into this guy whe I&#39;ve had a drink:

http://www.log.dial.pipex.com/joeyde...sceneguide.htm

Someone I work with lives in Gala (not far from here) and apparantly you can still hear John shouting &quot;YA FUCK&quot; in the local Tescos on a Saturday should you choose to do so.
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                              X