X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ondioline documentary on Radio 4

Caught this while in the motor last night:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...4/musicmachine

A rather good documentary about George Jenny and the Ondioline - Jean Jacques Perrey is interviewed, and there's lots of music too. A must listen for all fans of early electronic wibbliness!

i've got one of them - found it for 100 euro

sadly i can't play it till i get the asbestos out it
    http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

I have to admit, listening to the documentary made me want one - they're impressive sounding things!

Where did you find this ondioline, by the way, iueke? I'm intrigued!

Comment

Good programme, but I could have been doing without that woman's whispery commentary - it was quite infuriating!

I always like the sound of the Ondioline on Roger Roger's "Donald" track, as heard on the film Evoluon.

Comment

You'll probably like Nino Nardini's 'Quack Track' then - I've got it on a Southern 78, I'll put it on one of those MDs I'll be doing for you!

Comment

Ooooh. Ta, guv!

Comment

Originally posted by wooly
              Good programme, but I could have been doing without that woman's whispery commentary - it was quite infuriating!
              Not just me then! Nice to hear from Jean-Jacques Perrey - brought back happy memories of his 'gig' at the Jazz Cafe a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky Tree
                Nice to hear from Jean-Jacques Perrey - brought back happy memories of his 'gig' at the Jazz Cafe a few years ago.
                ... I saw JJP at Durham Town Hall in the late 90's... Strange where people show up some times, isn't it...

... he was really nice to us - chatted away for 30 minutes whilst signing records etc and posing for photos.

Like a big old cuddly French grandad!
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

JJP is a living legend! One of the nicest people in this business.

Comment

I've got Naughty By Nature in my head rappin' "you down with JJP - yeah, you know me"

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
                      I have to admit, listening to the documentary made me want one - they're impressive sounding things!

Where did you find this ondioline, by the way, iueke? I'm intrigued!

outside my house theres a daily second hand bric a brac market (Aligre 12th) - the guy selling it though it was an organ
                      http://www.iueke.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X