Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone around Leeds this Sat who likes FUNKROCK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone around Leeds this Sat who likes FUNKROCK?

    I'm having one of my usually debauched shindigs at the North Bar...Basically it's a great excuse for me and Mark Moss to play our new finds over the last few months...and get very...very..hic...drunnnk!!!The nights called YaDig(1967-1976)and the music policy is basically CountryFunk..Strange trippy Folk and of course FunkRock...We've been collecting this sort of stuff properly for the past 8 years so expect the music to be very fresh without even a sniff of a compilation in sight...the night starts at 8 and ends around 2...it's always PACKED so get there early and no excuses as it's FREE IN...

    I know it's a bit short notice but i didnt even think to post it up on the board plus i havent had much access to the internet lately mainly because my girlfriend has hogged the computer and so i'm now forced to sneak on at work....

    I'll post up a top ten of the night when i get time but it'd be great if any VV'ers could make it down...

    Did i mention that the North Bar has a fine selection of alchohol from around the world translation GOOD BEER...GOOD SPIRITS...
    Country be dyin like poor people do
    Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

    And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

  • #2
    Matt - stick this in the Events listing section of the site too...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
      I'm having one of my usually debauched shindigs at the North Bar...Basically it's a great excuse for me and Mark Moss to play our new finds over the last few months...and get very...very..hic...drunnnk!!!The nights called YaDig(1967-1976)and the music policy is basically CountryFunk..Strange trippy Folk and of course FunkRock...
      wished i lived in the uk....
      Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

      Comment


      • #4
        Ooh, wish i could come but I'm otherwise engaged...darn it. Next time hopefully!
        Mixes, compilations and the like

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sie Vulture
          Matt - stick this in the Events listing section of the site too...
          Hey i've actually made a start with the FunkRock article too...over 400 words and counting
          Country be dyin like poor people do
          Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

          And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

          Comment


          • #6
            If I wasn't also busy, I'ld have been down.

            I'ld be interested to check out your selection, deffo.

            Comment


            • #7
              This excites me, wish I lived nearby... looking forward to your top ten of the night.
              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

              Eclectic Mud


              Comment


              • #8
                Superb!!!

                Cheers guys!!!!

                Gonna try and fettle my records down to a boxbag and two smaller lp bags which is always a nightmare

                I guarantee they'll be at least 30 records that i wished i'd have taken with me on the night...or me and Mossy try and somehow second guess what each other will bring which means we'll either both bring a copy of Tom Rush or Frankie Miller.....or none at all AGGHHH!!!!

                Maybe i should be like my girlfriend before she goes out...ringing round everyone to make sure no-one has the same outfit....

                The Top Ten will be posted up hopefully if i'm not too hungover on Sunday night...wish me luck for Saturday fellas cos last time we had them dancing on the tables to Bob Segar....if any VV members do turn up be sure to come and say hello....i'll be the one with a pint of Shofenhoffer in one hand and a glass of Wild Turkey in the other...
                Country be dyin like poor people do
                Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

                And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

                Comment


                • #9
                  Have a good one Matt!
                  Mixes, compilations and the like

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                    wish me luck for Saturday fellas cos last time we had them dancing on the tables to Bob Segar....
                    Guid luck Mr. Idle, i'll be there in spirit... but from the quote above looks like you've already got it licked...

                    Which Robert Cigar tune was it that enticed the clientelle to dally in some shoe shuffling upon said tables?
                    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

                    Eclectic Mud


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
                      Guid luck Mr. Idle, i'll be there in spirit... but from the quote above looks like you've already got it licked...

                      Which Robert Cigar tune was it that enticed the clientelle to dally in some shoe shuffling upon said tables?
                      Twas the fabulous Highway Child on the Mongrel album...
                      Country be dyin like poor people do
                      Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

                      And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Last Night Was Another Top Night!!!

                        Originally posted by Belson
                        If I wasn't also busy, I'd have been down.

                        I'd be interested to check out your selection, deffo.
                        I've posted a chart up for the night....man it was brilliant and both me and Mossy came out feeling so positive about music...it's cool when you can play exactly what you want to and have alot of people like it...and even better when it's not just a bunch of record freaks...but a mixed bunch of people that appreciate it...
                        Country be dyin like poor people do
                        Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

                        And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                          I've posted a chart up for the night....man it was brilliant and both me and Mossy came out feeling so positive about music...it's cool when you can play exactly what you want to and have alot of people like it...and even better when it's not just a bunch of record freaks...but a mixed bunch of people that appreciate it...
                          sounds well bo. Do ya know my main man Jack White who hails from those parts? i told him bout your club...think he's startin up an acidfunk type nite in leeds also soon.

                          its kikin' off brothers.
                          MODZ
                          Hero No.9
                          Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                          THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            might know him but not by the name Jack White....ask him if shops at Jumbo records....might be the guy i'm thinking of...hope he knows about YaDig?...if not it'd be great to meet a likeminded soul from this neck of the woods...and maybe hook up with him...
                            Country be dyin like poor people do
                            Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

                            And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

                            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
                              might know him but not by the name Jack White....ask him if shops at Jumbo records....might be the guy i'm thinking of...hope he knows about YaDig?...if not it'd be great to meet a likeminded soul from this neck of the woods...and maybe hook up with him...
                              e's a top geeze our jack and a dam fine purveyor of the funk. I'll send him your way.....be gentle, he has a wooden leg and a real foot. how funky is dat.
                              MODZ
                              Hero No.9
                              Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                              THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X