KPM and other libraries haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPM and other libraries haul

This came up over at the Strut, so seeing as most of you don't check the board nay more, but (unlike me) you're into libraries........check this thread out!

http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...&o=7&fpart=all

Something like 600 pieces for $200!

Noice. I would love to get at the regency lines. Such an interesting and weird label! Why its got brighton pavillion on the front cover I'll never know.
    Last edited by sermad; 13-04-2005, 04:15 PM.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

... nice haul - that's gonna be one hell of a weekend, locked in yer flat sorting the wheat from the chaff ! Oooof !
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
        Why its got brighton pavillion on the front cover I'll never know.
        ...'twas built for the Prince Regent in the Regency period
        Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by son of stan
          ...'twas built for the Prince Regent in the Regency period
          Now seeing as I lived in brighton for about 25 years thats a big DOH

My kind of surreal question (to myself) was why call it regency line in the first place!

Comment

Haha!
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Gonna wear out that needle! Might have to buy a new one.....

Congrats to that guy! Library overload, 'tis a good thing!
              sigpic
              Gonzalo Duque "Gonzo"
              [email protected]
              http://hoodliners.blogspot.com My hoodliners for cars that I make!
              Westland, Michigan USA
              1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

Comment

rubbishvisual is aka mr jeigh - he makes some very nice beats, so its kinda good that they ended up with someone who will 'appreciate' em fully

Comment

That's a fantastic haul and the reason why most of us traipse round car boots / charities / flea markets etc in the forlorn hope that one day the Vinyl Gods will smile down on us.

But the rest of the thread show why we can't be arsed to check Soulstrut any more!! What a pile of wank! If ever there was an argument for chemical castration.....

Wake me up when they update the 'Ish' section.
                  Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

I some times dream of a haul of library LPs like that and i wake up all happy. Then i realise it was a dream and it kind of ruins the morning. is that sad? I still remember my first KPM record purchase (well first 5), ahhh that was £1.00 well spent.
                    Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                    www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                    www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

I once overlooked a music de wolfe library haul. It was about 12 years ago at a local charity shop and they had hundreds of them in the racks for 20p each. I looked through them picked up one and my mate got another but I knew nothing about library LPs and I thought they looked a bit crap at the time so that was that.

Now I toss and turn at night and ask myself why. Why did I not buy the lot, I missed out big time on that one!

I have often wondered if anyone has tried writing to media companys and asking if they have any Library records lying around that they would want to sell.
                      My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
                        I have often wondered if anyone has tried writing to media companys and asking if they have any Library records lying around that they would want to sell.
                        about 10 years too late dude!

Comment

The first KPMs i got were in a record shop in Newcastle (upon Tyne) 5 for a quid. I got about 25 of them (as that was all i could carry) and left the rest. There was racks and racks of them must have been a couple of hundred in all! Again i didn`t know what they really were at the time as it was about 8 years ago. Looking back, not buying as many as i could financially afford is one of the biggest regrets of my life.....
                          Last edited by Mr Muench; 19-04-2005, 01:46 PM.
                          Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                          www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                          www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Perhaps we should form a support group!
                            My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Kinky Chris
                              Perhaps we should form a support group!
                              I’m still troubled by the knowledge that I too missed out on a rather good library score which was partly down to me not having a clue about library records and being rather financially challenged at the time.
                              A rather famous UK dealer did very very well out of these records that I had first dibs on.

Comment

Working...
                              X