KPM electronic albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KPM electronic albums

can any of you recommend other electronic KPM's? my KPM collection is very small, the only 2 electronic ones I have are:

Keith Mansfield - Technomatics - The Applications Of Science And Technology (KPM 1261)
    Dave Vorhaus - Sleight Of Mind (KPM 1279)

are there any other similar sounding KPM's I should keep an eye out for? I've developed a fondness for these particular lp's because they remind me of some of the earlier filmscores done by Arthur B. Rubinstein (Blue Thunder & Wargames). the Dave Vorhaus lp sounds like Goblin in some places imo and I swear I can hear some Wendy Carlos Tron sounds in there somewhere.

recommendations?

Originally posted by mech1
    can any of you recommend other electronic KPM's? my KPM collection is very small, the only 2 electronic ones I have are:

Keith Mansfield - Technomatics - The Applications Of Science And Technology (KPM 1261)
    Dave Vorhaus - Sleight Of Mind (KPM 1279)

are there any other similar sounding KPM's I should keep an eye out for? I've developed a fondness for these particular lp's because they remind me of some of the earlier filmscores done by Arthur B. Rubinstein (Blue Thunder & Wargames). the Dave Vorhaus lp sounds like Goblin in some places imo and I swear I can hear some Wendy Carlos Tron sounds in there somewhere.

recommendations?
    Electrosonic (KPM 1104) is pretty good for weird scary sounds. Composers are Harper/Russe/St.George. Does anyone know who these people are?

David S.
    God bless Fatso.

Comment

Harper / Russe is Delia Derbyshire - it was a little in-joke of Delia's (Russe meaning 'of the red' referring to her red hair).

St George is Brian Hodgson (Delia's partner at the Radiophonic Workshop). His pseudonym refers to the street where he lived I think.

Comment

Dave Vorhaus also did "The Vorhaus Sound Experiments" (KPM 1243) and another electronic sounding one is "Hand Played by Robots" (KPM 1244) by George Fenton & Ken Freeman. Don`t know if there any good as its not really my bag, bit bleepy for my liking.
        Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
        www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
        www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

I think Mech1 would like 'The Vorhaus Sound Experiments' and 'Handplayed By Robots' - I know I do!

There's a whole swathe of LPs by Keith Mansfield that are described as 'A companion to KPM1241 - Technology and Movement' - they're all worth getting if you like that early-80s electronic sound.

Comment

I like Dave Vorhaus and Andy Clark too. There are quite a lot like 'Sleight of Mind': 'Out of the Dark' (1342) is pretty good (very Prisoner Cell Block H' circa '85. It has a few tracks from that 'Electronic Toys' compilation.
            'Sound Conjurer' (1303) is a companian to 'Sleight of Mind' and is all Vorhaus, dramatic and weird.
            Synthesis 2 (1248) and Communications (1231) are both similar (Clark) stuff.
            Library blog

Comment

thanks for the recommendations everyone. are there any online sources where I might be able to purchase these particular lp's for decent prices? I don't want to have to sell my kidney just to get them through eBay, there has to be a few places that sell them for a fair price. online stores in the US are preferred but not essential.

Comment

Originally posted by mech1
                thanks for the recommendations everyone. are there any online sources where I might be able to purchase these particular lp's for decent prices? I don't want to have to sell my kidney just to get them through eBay, there has to be a few places that sell them for a fair price. online stores in the US are preferred but not essential.
                i've got a spare of the vorhaus sound experiments if you're interested? send me a pm and we'll sort something out....
                http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Working...
                X