nice find, or not? doris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice find, or not? doris

it seems that i'm a lucky man! last week i found a nice original mint/mint copy of "doris-did you give the world some love today" in a really crap recordshop. the seller told me that he have this record for years now and nobody was interested to pay more than 10£! to be honest i visit this shop for years now but never found a real beauty, it's more because the seller offers free beer all the time when i'm there!
    today i had a chat with a recordbuddy and i told him about doris and he was like ...he told me that this record is really worth a pile of cash! i'm really wondering now if this is true because my mate is a bit too enthusiastic sometimes.
    can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Originally posted by deeno
    it seems that i'm a lucky man! last week i found a nice original mint/mint copy of "doris-did you give the world some love today" in a really crap recordshop. the seller told me that he have this record for years now and nobody was interested to pay more than 10£! to be honest i visit this shop for years now but never found a real beauty, it's more because the seller offers free beer all the time when i'm there!
    today i had a chat with a recordbuddy and i told him about doris and he was like ...he told me that this record is really worth a pile of cash! i'm really wondering now if this is true because my mate is a bit too enthusiastic sometimes.
    it is true........

Comment

Nice!

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Hey i live in Sweden, i should have found one or two of those Doris Lps now for a decent price but i only seen one or two (at 200 euro or something)
        rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

200 euro?!?!..
          i mean it's a cool lp but i didn't really know that sorry!
          maybe i had found it earlier but i'm always immediately start to get drunk with the salesguy.
          by the way, the shop owner (his name is zobi) wrote me a mail today and told me that he just bought some "cheap" polish jazz stuff.

anyway thanks for the info!
          can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Definetely a nice find there! I managed to score it some three years ago for about the same and felt really lucky for the rest of the year.

A unique piece of music it is.

Comment

Did anybody else cop the 45 of Doris' s >Beatmaker/Don't< that got put out a few years ago ?

Last one I saw around was on ebay for about $50 - don't know if the buyer thought it was an OG 45 ??? Always handy to have those two cuts on seven though - but you may as well get a dub cut yourself for that price!

No 45s issued at the time as far as I know...and yes, £150 was the last time I saw it the lp on the "open market" - So congrats!

Comment

There was a 45 lifted from the lp back in the days, issued on EMI/Odeon Sweden. "Don't" is on it at least...don't know about the other side though. Could as well be "Beatmaker".

Comment

its a very good find indeed. i would settle for the "mr bongo" re-issue!
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Great find but I actually think its well overrated! 'Beatmaker' is the don but anyone else find her vocals well dolly parton!?!?
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

when kevin beadle did the capitol rare comps in the mid 90s, the first batch of the third one (i think, but maybe it was the second one, or even the first,i forget) came with the Doris track on a free 45.

well done to the swiss man on the find.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                        Great find but I actually think its well overrated! 'Beatmaker' is the don but anyone else find her vocals well dolly parton!?!?
                        I like Dolly Parton.
                        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

There is also a Japanese reissue of Doris, which as usual is a top quality pressing (came out about half a year before the Bongo pressing).
                          Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
                            I like Dolly Parton.
                            see you down guilty pleasures then...
                            www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
                              I like Dolly Parton.
                              She has some good points
                              "..hole...road...middle thereof"