Long Good Friday - Francis Monkman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Good Friday - Francis Monkman

was a proper soundtrack ever released for this film? I loved the Francis Monkman score, lots of nice synths. If no soundtrack exists perhaps someone should re-issue it

nevermind, found this bit on the vulture site. i'm blind.

"70's Kid: An original vinyl copy of 'The Long Good Friday' soundtrack album is valued at £100 in the current edition of the Record Collector price guide, with the limited second issue valued at £175. What are your thoughts on this and can you remember in what sort of quantities the LP sold when it was originally released?

FM: Well, as you probably know, the original edition was a limited numbered affair. When I realized just how limited it was intended to be, I was not impressed!"

damn. someone really needs to re-issue this soundtrack again.

Comment

It was reissued on cd a few years ago. Which might keep you going, until you find a copy for a good price out in digging land...
      Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

I know where there's a copy for about £20 if that's any use?
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The CD reissue isn't that good - it's taken off a thoroughly knackered vinyl copy, and by the sound of it, it's in mono too.

I'd like to see a proper reissue too, maybe bolstered with a few of FM's KPM tracks as bonuses - some of the 'Classical Concussion' LP would fit in very nicely, I think.

Comment

Wonderfully stodgy theme tune. Great synthy bits throughout the film. Pity my video copy's so knackered - must have watched it 100 times.

Anyone else notice the woman from the "Diamonds Are For Danger" PIF in the film?

Just me then.

Comment

Working...
            X