Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Martyn The Tumbler w/ McNair

Any one got this LP.
    Chance of a copy & on studying it saw that Harold McNair is on flute.
    Any pointers?
    1st Island press too.
    boney
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
    Any one got this LP.
    Any pointers?
    1st Island press too.
    boney
    think this is the one with "dusty" on it isnt it? wicked tune (on that "you can all join in" island comp...worth getting for that i reckon...
    http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

yes the tumbler has 'dusty' on it......one of the best tracks on the album.......it's deffo mcnairs flute that really tips the balance for me with this lp.......no drums on the album just two guitars bass and flute............
      first press is quite hard and worth a bob or two don't you know.........bit of a shame that someone who made such beautiful music turned out to be such a..........

Comment

Got this at a carboot last year but I can't comment on the music cos the wrong record was in the sleeve.

I thought it was worth the £2 mind as it was autographed and the woman assurred me it was for real

Nice cover anyway.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I've got a reissue of this one, it's good stuff but i have to say that i hardly ever put the needle on it. Platerpus is right it is mcnairs flute that makes this record what it is. I'd still reach for solid air before this though.

If you want i'd be happy to part with the reissue, if you want it... pm me
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I'd still reach for solid air before this though.
            solid air always seems to be regarded as his finest album..........yes it's a great record but is it really better than stormbringer or bless the weather.......?

Comment

Save for two tracks, I think The Tumbler is great, McNair's flute playing is, as always, superlative. I think he's on about 4 of the songs.
              www.sundaramusic.com

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel
                Any one got this LP.
                Any pointers?
                1st Island press too.
                boney
                GO buy mate-i have a later pressing but the whole album has a great vibe about it-picked up 'the fence' by mcnair last year..a nice album..
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                X