Some utrecht finds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some utrecht finds.

Finally tipped the record bag out onto the floor. Heres a few select bits...Damn I should have taken a pic of the hans pakora books. They are stunning.

Last edited by sermad; 20-04-2005, 12:50 AM.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Cor blimey!

That 'Belinda' record alone would make my year! Nice one!

Jamie.
    https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Comment

damn, nice haul. sadly I will never be able to find the same caliber of records at any of the local record stores in town. I see you've scored double copies of the Yamasuki lp, good find.

Comment

That Iskander LP appears to have been in a big supply at the fair because this guy on Soulstrut posted a picture of 2 of them that he picke dup at Utrecht.
        http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...k-LP%20Covers/

Comment

Originally posted by Motown67
          That Iskander LP appears to have been in a big supply at the fair because this guy on Soulstrut posted a picture of 2 of them that he picke dup at Utrecht.

A friend of mine copped on last time too!

Comment

That 'Je Suis Content' is Dutronc's best recording I reckon. All fuzz guitar + bongos. Nice!

Nice to see the Five By Five pic sleeve too

Is that my special record?

is that 'Clubman' the 3-fold sleeve you were talking about?

Are you gonna burn me that brandy promo thingy?

me-me-me-me-me!
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

that Passport record has one of the ugliest sleeves ever...

dare i ask how much things were, or rather what is the split between bargains and dealers who know what things are worth?

some interesting things too on Soulstrut's Utrecht thread (besides the Placebos which presumably they paid a lot for...): http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...&Number=314686
              Last edited by bongolia; 20-04-2005, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Sermad - nice haul geezer - next year I promise to make the trip with you.

Are those Yamazuki LP's spoken for..??
                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
                  some interesting things too on Soulstrut's Utrecht thread (besides the Placebos which presumably they paid a lot for...)
                  That's funny, those guys shouting from the rooftops "hey toys, check out our Euro RAERS"...

"Err, how much did you pay for those?"

STONY SILENCE

So, Sermad, how much WERE those Placebos?
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
                    That's funny, those guys shouting from the rooftops "hey toys, check out our Euro RAERS"...

"Err, how much did you pay for those?"

STONY SILENCE

So, Sermad, how much WERE those Placebos?
                    Yeah, innit.

I'll take a stab and say, including the pix of stuff that they didn't post up, they run up at least $5000 - without flights etc.

Comment

They paid shit loads. Those two placebos alone were about 700-800 euro. Only Atomium666 (who else!) had all three placebos on the wall. Funnily enough I didnt see a Sam Suffy all weekend.

Those iskandeers they got were probably about 40 euro too (if they got them from utrecht). I know because I saw about 5 copies and was pretty annoyed. Eventually got one for 15 euro on sunday (down from 22. Nice little saving).

The 45's ranged from 1 Euro - 40 Euro - Only a couple at the top end.

The most expensive record was the piccioni a'more. About 100 euro. Old morrifan sold one of these recently on the bay for well over a tonne so I was pretty pleased. Its an amazing record too.

The sitar beat was a pretty good deal. 70 euro when Ive seen these sell for well into £150 quids mark.

The rest all 10-20 euro range. I was well chuffed to get a white album with poster for 20 euro. Was mint too. And a low number! (30,000!)

re Col. Yes thats your special record! Very nice it is too. Bit too beaty for me otherwise I would keep it! Yep that clubman record is the other issue. Its got a triple gatefold 7"! ruff!
                      Last edited by sermad; 20-04-2005, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                        They paid shit loads. Those two placebos alone were about 700-800 euro.
                        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Nice one on the Clubman 45 - been keeping my eyes peeled for that. Very nice haul in general come to that (I will be speaking to you soon ).

And Col, is 'Je Suis Content' on an LP (actually, you're the last person to ask )? It's just that there's hammond in there (sounds like it was being played in the room next door) and I'm wondering if there's a brighter mix somewhere ou there. Not that I don't agree that it's probably Jacques's best tune.
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Congrats on the Clubman Serms...that's a "Manc Chris" special. One good tune - and the sleeve is ace. I would certainly accept a lift from the young lady pictured inside!

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                              Congrats on the Clubman Serms...that's a "Manc Chris" special. One good tune - and the sleeve is ace. I would certainly accept a lift from the young lady pictured inside!
                              Yeah! Ive got the issue on pirates already...Ive got a record I need to bend your ear about cheebs. Are you coming down friday?

Comment

Working...
                              X