This Weeks Charity Buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Weeks Charity Buys

Arrived at a shop the other day and saw no vinyl and enquired if they had any. The magic reply came "Oh someone just gave us their whole collection, come through the back, they're 50p each".
    This is what I picked up, nothing very scarce as far as I can tell, and a minimul of at least a good track apiece. Lots of Lounge favourites from the main site too - those tips are much appreciated.

Jose Felaciano – Las Mejores Actuaciones De Jose Felaciano – RCA Spain
    John Barry – The Music Of – CBS
    John Davis & The Monster Orchestra – Up Jumped The Devil – Polydor (funky disco/jazz)
    Les Brown & His Band Of Reknown – Goes Direct To Disc – Great American Gramophone Co
    V/A - Hifi Stereo Happy South America – Polydor
    V/A – Hifi Stereo Big Band – Polydor
    Stanley Black – Black Magic – Phase 4
    Mickey Hart/Airto/Flora Purim – Dafos- Rolling Thunder
    Bob James – Sign Of The Times – Columbia
    Bob James & Earl Klugh – Two Of A Kind – Capitol
    Dave Brubeck – Hey Brubeck Take Five – CBS (US)
    Paul Maurait – Love Is Still Blue – Power Exchange
    Paul Maurait Orchestra – The Music Of – Philips
    Alan Tew Orchestra – You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Golden Hour
    Roland Shaw & His Orchestra – The Phase 4 World Of Spy Thrillers – Phase 4
    James Last – Copa-Cobana – Polydor (loving Chilli Con Carne on this)
    Karlheinz Stockhausen – Aus Den Sieben Tagen/Fai Voile Vers Le Soleil/Liason – Hamornia Mundi (France I think)
    Antonio Cano & Les Siens & Isabel - El Malagueno – Harmonia Mundi
    Nelson Riddle – Brass Reeds & Strings – Golden Hour
    Salsoul Orchestra – Greatest Disco Hits – Salsoul (2 insane versions of 3001)
    Button Down Brass – Cops n’ Robbers – DJM (my 1st BDB LP)
    Roberto Delgado – The Very Best Of – Polydor
    Roberto Delgado – Dancing Queen – Polydor (no sniggering at the back this is pretty funky lite latin disco)
    Os Ritmistas Brasileiros – Stereophonic Journey In Percussion – Marble Arch (stunning album this, nothing but beats)
    Johnny Guitar Watson – Getting Down With – Chess
    Werner Muller Orchestra – Learn To Love –Phase 4 (US)
    V/A – Big Bands Big Hits Vol 1 – Reader’s Digest (Not as good as Vol 2 but nice enough)
    David Sandborn – Taking Off – Warners (1975 funky as hell jazz, bit of a surprise for me)
    Ernestine Anderson – Live From Concord To London – Concord (US) (amazing version of Cole Porter's Love For Sale with beats)
    Brian Eno – The Shutov Assembly – Opal (can't see this for sale on vinyl anywhere)
    www.starlarecords.com

Originally posted by loosejoints
    Button Down Brass – Cops n’ Robbers – DJM (my 1st BDB LP)
    ... not a bad LP to start your BDB album collection!

Used to demand a proper price a few years ago, but now with the "spotlight of hotness" ( ) elsewhere, i think that it's come right down in price...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

what a great collection. i love the idea of Stockhausen, Delgado, Brubeck, etc nestling together on the shelf (well, they might in ours, but not in a 'normal' person's...)

that Werner Muller 'Learn to Love' has a cover of Let's Stay Together on which isn't bad, if i remember...

Os Ritmistas Brasileiros – Stereophonic Journey In Percussion – Marble Arch (stunning album this, nothing but beats)
      - sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia
        Os Ritmistas Brasileiros "Stereophonic Journey In Percussion" (Marble Arch) - sounds good!
        ... it does, doesn't it! not an everyday Marble Arch find, that's fer sure!
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
          ... not a bad LP to start your BDB album collection!

Used to demand a proper price a few years ago, but now with the "spotlight of hotness" ( ) elsewhere, i think that it's come right down in price...
          ..and the only one I still need
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Good finds man.

I hopped on my mountain bike for a 4 mile ride to a charity sorting centre that a friend told me about. After about a mile it started pouring down with rain (just my luck) and then 2 miles or so latter the chain slipped off the gears and wedges/buckles into a place that the chain is not supposed to go.
            15 minutes latter covered in oil and blood (cut my hand on the chain) and now soaking wet I continue my journey.

So did I pick anything up to make this journey worthwhile. Not at all.

I knew at least 3 other people had been through the records already so I wasn’t hoping for much.

There were shit loads of Christian records . Spent an hour or so going through these but couldn’t find anything worth picking up.

Picked up:

The Pickwick version of ‘Grease’. (ILLDRUMBREAK)

The Tremeloes/ Instant Whip. (already got it but think my friend hasn’t so its his when I see him)

Kio/ Hot black and sweet (drum break)

Shit was mad dry there. But a collection of shit 80’s 7’s did turn up while I was there so I guess on the right day anything could happen.
            Last edited by Parkz; 20-04-2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X