New vauxhall ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New vauxhall ad

anyone know what the music to the new vauxhall add is, i think the car's called a mervira or something like that, it ends with the parents in said car looking behind themselves at there children, only to find there's a blonde bird in the car with them, can anyone help?

also whats the sample (the brassy bit) on the new jay z & beyonce single, it's probably pretty obvious to all you experienced diggers, it sounds like something on atlantic from the 70's?
    I want to go to the land of ooog!

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (happy monster @ 11 June 2003,19:24)]anyone know what the music to the new vauxhall add is, i think the car's called a mervira or something like that, it ends with the parents in said car looking behind themselves at there children, only to find there's a blonde bird in the car with them, can anyone help?
    I've only seen the ad once, and in a bit of a drunken haze.

If it's the ad I'm thinking of, it's Young Holt Trio 'Wack Wack' on Brunswick.

Comment

nice one belson that's the one, it does go 'wack wack', now i've gotta find a reasonably priced copy.

cheers
      I want to go to the land of ooog!

Comment

it's not an expensive record - and should be easy to find.
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

An OG 45 should set you back no more than a fiver/tenner, the OG album is slightly more difficult to track down and around the £15-20 mark.

Pretty sure it's been comped a few times, possibly by those Mojo Club chappies.

Comment

When you've copped that one happy monster, seek out the Maynard Ferguson version big band take on it thats quite hard hitting. On his "Freaky" LP in UK and "Ridin' High" in US.
            SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

There's also a great Brit big band jazz version by Johnny Dankworth (I think) - it's a nice version on 45.

oh, and if you're on the lookout for Young Holt 45s on Brunswick - check these fella's out:-

"Aint There Something That Money Can't Buy"
              "Give It Up"

Comment

Ohkey dokey, if it's cover versions we're after -

Buddy Rich from the album Big Swing Face - the same one that brought us 'The beat goes on'.

The Ventures - twanged out surfy guitar version but from which album, I can't remember. Would be circa '67/'68.

And to move onto their later stuff on Cotillion, everybody should own a copy of their incarnations, Young Holt Unlimited, track 'Wah Wah Man'.

Ooof.

Remember.....if you want to be something special...... ....why not be somebody too, too, too, too!

Comment

Working...
                X