Get smarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get smarter

Has anyone here got/heard the 'Get Smarter' compilation on Gumbubble?

I saw it in Soul Jazz today and the tracklisting looked very intriguing. Alongside things I knew such as Pepsi, Sweet Bacon and the Reg Guest Syndicate 7", there were a number of Uk and European released 60's beat/hammond/mod stuff that I wouldn't mind hearing.

Anyone?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

I got it last year some time. Some wicked tracks (sandstep etc etc) but I think theres a lot of filler on there...maybe 10 tracks per side?

If you want I think I can get one from a record fair for < tenner.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Cheers Sermad

I was interested if any of the Uk stuff on there was much cop, but it sounds like they are not.

What are the best tracks in your opinion?

I&#39;ll probably not get it as you reckon there more duff then good...
      He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Errrr I&#39;m having brain failure now mr Elephant I&#39;ll try and dig it out (it might be back home home) and give the proper verdict rather then some vague memory of mine
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

I got this a while back. Seem to remember it was OK - lots of tracks - perhaps a bit too mid sixties sound (more Go-Go than funk?).

Perhaps the fact that I&#39;ve not listened to it for a while says it all - or maybe I missed something. I too will have to refresh my memory...

Comment

Working...
          X