Funky Pret!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Pret!

Due to a) needing vast quantities of caffeine to get me through the day & b) they also do the meanest orange & lemon muffin (a bit of a connoisseur of muffins me…rock n’’ roll!) I regularly find myself in the local Pret a Manger.

On every occasion of late I have found myself listening to the background music and thinking “gosh, that is a funky little tune”. On each visit I’d hear a new tune but have the same reaction. Finally my curiosity got the better of me today & I had to ask “what is the CD they were playing?”

Being a customer focussed organisation one of the staff members bounded down stairs to return with a CD cover, with a track listing. It turns out that the CD was a mixed one prepared for them by a company called DMX Music based in Keston in Kent. The mix included tunes by the likes of Ramsey Lewis, Bobbi Humphrey and Cal Tjader to name but three.

Next task it to get a copy to have a proper listen myself!

So all credit to Pret. Next time you are in there, have a listen!
    www.sliderecordshop.com

Yeh, I've often picked up my double strength Cappo and Almond Croissant of a morning, to the strains of Lou Donaldson's Turtle Walk or some other blue-break-note type of tune!

Comment

DMX Music are of course the company who used to be called Rediffusion - suppliers of piped music to commercial and retail outlets for centuries. Nice to see they're still going.

Comment

and, of course, Pret are part-owned by McDonalds...
        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by wooly
          DMX Music are of course the company who used to be called Rediffusion - suppliers of piped music to commercial and retail outlets for centuries. Nice to see they're still going.
          Hey Wooly, you're a bit of a Rediffusion nut right? Have you seen this site? My fave pic is the one right at the bottom - just above the 'Rediffusion Links'

REDIFFUSION REUNIONS
          new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton
            and, of course, Pret are part-owned by McDonalds...
            Just as well I've never set foot in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe
              Hey Wooly, you're a bit of a Rediffusion nut right? Have you seen this site? My fave pic is the one right at the bottom - just above the 'Rediffusion Links'

REDIFFUSION REUNIONS
              Gotta love the pic of all that vintage A/V equipment though, Col.

Comment

Originally posted by wooly
                Gotta love the pic of all that vintage A/V equipment though, Col.
                hell yeah!

Comment

Nero is the only chain coffee shop I use. At least they employ italians!
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

REDIFFUSION REUNIONS
                    I'm fearing this is what awaits me at my brillo/VV meet baptism.

am i wrong?
                    MODZ
                    Hero No.9
                    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
                      I'm fearing this is what awaits me at my brillo/VV meet baptism.

am i wrong?
                      dude on the right certainly visits The Social - that's one of Bob Stanley's jumpers

Comment

hell yeah!
                        Blimey!

And is that a young Sythesiser Patel standing there?
                        a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

dude on the right certainly visits The Social - that's one of Bob Stanley's jumpers
                          That's me and Serms (I'm rocking the Zapatta 'tache)!
                          You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                            That's me and Serms (I'm rocking the Zapatta 'tache)!
                            yes, but it's not a photo from a Brillo - you can't fool anyone, Rich, there's a woman in the background!

Comment

Bloody hell. Perusing the photos I accidentally clicked on the movie.

Frightened the s*** out of me when the sound suddenly came on!

Is it Leonard Nimoy at the table in the bottom picture?
                              <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Working...
                              X