marsha hunt lp on track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marsha hunt lp on track

someone I know has offered me this LP - anyone know it? the only tracks I know from the album are'Walk on Gilded Splinters' and 'Hot Rod Papa' - how's the rest of it? and is it worth a whole bunch of money?

ideas or opinions?

We know when a mate buys it for you too.

I have this.
    I will have to give it another listen. I seem to remember the tracks you mentioned being the best of the bunch. There was a Mrc Bolan tune on there from memory too.
    Nice LP to have I think but would guess at £20.00 - £30.00 as being the max to pay. (although i paid £40.00 about 6 years ago!)
    boney
    You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

...isn't Hot Rod Poppa - the Mark Bolan track ?

Not really seen the LP for sale recently so couldn't really say a "fair price". I'm not aware of any other tracks on it though (clubwise) - other than the two mentioned.

I've seen the price of the 45 rising over the last year or so (it was on that Cherrystones comp - which may have something to do with it)

Comment

Side A:
        Walk on Guilded Splinters
        Let the Sunshine In (Hair) (interlude very short)
        Hot Rod Pappa (Bolan)
        Stacey Grove (Bolan)
        No Face, No Name, No Number
        My World is Empty Without You
        Moan You Moaners

Side B:
        Keep The Customer Satisfied
        Long Black Veil
        You Ain't Going Nowhere (Dylan)
        Woman Child
        Desdemona (Bolan)
        Wild Thing

Wicked Afro, better than Minnie's on come into My Garden.

Comment

Triple Bolan-tastic then !

Comment

I got the keep the customer satisfied 45 yesterday which has holy roller on thr flip, on the strength of the 45 i'd happily splash on the LP...
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
              Ii'd happily splash on the LP...
              I know she's an attractive lady, but pur-lease - not in public...

(ALERT: Rich Hero virus spreading!)

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                I know she's an attractive lady, but pur-lease - not in public...

(ALERT: Rich Hero virus spreading!)
                got mine in a plastic sleeve to prevent this...

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
                  I got the keep the customer satisfied 45 yesterday which has holy roller on thr flip, on the strength of the 45 i'd happily splash on the LP...
                  Lonesome Holy Roller is great, but found the A-side very disappointing...

Comment

Oh No, Not The Beast Day / Somebody To Love

is a nice cheapy 45 to add to the collection if you aint got one. In fact get two copies and loop them beats!

Has Beast Day been sampled by anyone yet ? - it's just crying out for it, if not...

Comment

Nerd Alert!!!

And obviously '(Oh No) Not The Beast Day' by Marsha Hunt's 22 is another essential (and cheap as buttons) 45 from her. What's the version of 'Let The Sunshine In' like Boney?
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

is a nice cheapy 45 to add to the collection if you aint got one. In fact get two copies and loop them beats!

Has Beast Day been sampled by anyone yet ? - it's just crying out for it, if not...
                        No not to my knowledge it hasn't. I tried messing about with it, but the problem is although the beats are wicked there's singing over all of it apart from the first couple of bars.
                        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                          And obviously '(Oh No) Not The Beast Day' by Marsha Hunt's 22 is another essential (and cheap as buttons) 45 from her. What's the version of 'Let The Sunshine In' like Boney?
                          Rich
                          It is about 30 secs long, just an interlude, bears no resemblence to the track at all. Just sounds like an operatic wail.

Comment

Doh, sorry for the duplication...

Bill, I picked up '(Oh No) Not...' because I read that some of the broken beats lot (Four Tet's 'No More Mosquitoes'?) had covered it, and that sparked my interest. I've never heard the Four Tet track mind.

And cheers Boney!
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

the couple of ebay copies of the album listed on popsike went for 60 and 80 quid, mind!
                              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Working...
                              X