keith mansfield ''carnaby street'' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keith mansfield ''carnaby street'' ?

i recently picked up keith mansfield's ''carnaby street'' lp on the carnaby label which includes ''funky fanfare'' and ''slow rocker''. it was a mere $1. i was thinking of including this lp in a trade but wanted to know just how much it might go for if i otherwise sold it. anyone have any experience with this lp?
    thanks...

Lucky swine! It's a great LP, a couple of years back it had a book price of around £40, though others here are probably better qualified to say how realistic that is than I am.

While I'm here, I must recommend the CD reissue with bonus tracks (not least of which because the people behind it are mates of mine!).

Comment

keith

cheers for the cd reissue tip! i'd like to hear those bonus tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
        (not least of which because the people behind it are mates of mine!).
        And based in Glasgow, from what I remember... So who ARE they???
        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

It's incredibly rare this one. Is 'Funky Fanfare' the same as the KPM version? In fact are the two KPM versions the same as each other? Is there much else good stuff on that label? haha I'll shut up now.

Comment

Is this an Aussie pressing or is it that loads of exports ended up there ? And now knowing there is a sodding 45 off this LP..... another pair of items on the 'Wants and will never haves' list.
            Matt Hero

Comment

keith

it is infact an australian pressing. it says ''manufactured in australia by festival records''. australia seemed to press alot of obscure stuff. i can't say whether the version of ''funky fanfare'' on here is the same as either of the kpm versions. sorry!

Comment

What's on the 45, Matt?

Comment

'Funky Fanfare/Teenage Carnival' - I think Formigo had one up for trade a lil' while back and I was as ever too slow off the mark.
                  Matt Hero

Comment

Cheers Matt. Another 'Soul Thing' 45, eh. Why are they all so rare? Damn you, Mansfield.

What's 'Teenage Carnival' like?

Comment

Funky Fanfare is the brassy KPM version - most of the tracks are from KPM, apart from a couple of instrumental cover versions. Teenage Carnival is better known as the theme from the TV series 'Freewheelers', and you can download the opening credits here: http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/itvsouthand...reewheelers.rm

The original LP was the brainchild of one Mervyn Conn, who I think was involved with CBS Records in the 60s, which may explain why Keith M was brought in, as he did a lot of work for them.

Comment

'EPISODE 2 LIBRA!'

Cheers Lord T.

Comment

I've got this LP on Carnaby, didn't know there was a 45 though
                          I Funky Fanfare is off one of the Flamboyant THemes KPM I think(it's the brassy not the organ version). I like the track 'Jekyl & hyde Park' - was that on any KPMs?
                          I'd put it at £40/£50.

Comment

It's on 'Flamboyant Themes II' and 'Beat Incidental'.

Comment

Originally posted by mik
                              I've got this LP on Carnaby, didn't know there was a 45 though
                              I take it my emails haven't been reaching you, and you're not just blanking me then??? Might be a New Zealand only 7", pretty bizarre...
                              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Working...
                              X