helpful labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helpful labels

picked up a nice disco/funk 12" the other day. on the label it says 'Intro drum break :51, Second drum break :40'. very helpful, ta!

any other useful/funny/informative notes seen on record labels?
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

lots of 70s motown 12"s used their "Eye-Q" system, with wider grooves between intro, verses, chorus, breakdown etc, nice system, they also give times on the labels.
    www.starlarecords.com

Comment

Certain labels like RCA always put a intro time on their promo 12" singles.
      Mark GV Taylor

https://www.facebook.com/referencepointlondon

Comment

booyaaah
        MODZ
        Hero No.9
        Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
        THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

I have a couple of records from some dudes collection, very systematically labelled - each track gets a number of ticks and notes on whether it has a break and what kind of feeling it is.

Not unusual to pick things up with people's BPM notations on them...

But probably the best I've had is the Loxene Golden Disc 1971 where the previous owner noted down which track won each category... (all the worst stuff won as you can imagine)

Comment

Can we have a thread for 'funny things found written on second hand records'?

One of my favourites is Prince "Diamonds & Pearls" which I got from Sifters and the previous owner had biroed "BAD TUNE" next to "Insatiable" on the sleeve!!
            MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

i got a record the other day(james gang's first lp), and inside i found this guys school report off 1982. it read just like on of mine! "im sure he could do well if he only tried" etc
              anyway i guess his parents must never have found it. it kept me ammused anyhow!
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

i looked at a record today and the inner sleeve said something like "i'm going to do cher" as in bum her or something. quite odd considering it was a beetles record

btw im digging the vz-2000, im a ghetto collector

Comment

I saw one a few weeks ago although the anecdote is somewhat spoiled by the fact that I can't remember what the record was. Let's call it "Generic Folk/Country Dude"

Anyway someone had noted "not for broadcast" next to a saucy track. Then in another hand: "WHOEVER WROTE NOT TO PLAY THIS CAN DIE. THEY WILL BE BLOWN AWAY BY [GENERIC FOLK/COUNTRY DUDE'S] HAIRY BALLS".

That shit gave me cause to pause. The tune in question turned out to be pretty weak unfortunately so I threw it back.

Comment

SARGE my dog what is up with the apostrophe on that record.

Unless the band is called "Party Novelty" then someone has got some explaining to do down at the rude record factory.

YES I KNOW THERE SHOULD BE SOME COMMAS IN THIS SHUT UP

Comment

Working...
                    X