simple image 45 on carnaby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple image 45 on carnaby

There's a very nice one of these (mint demo) in a local charity - but it's a tenner! I don't know the single ( though I believe it's an aussie/nz psych 45) - anyone? Col?

a-side is 'Spinning Spinning Spinning', b-side is 'Shy Boy', which I'm guessing is a cover of the Tomorrow song....
    We know when a mate buys it for you too.

yes mate - new zealand band - more beat than psych - a massive hit in their own country, which is why it got a UK release - the UK press is pretty rare - actually I've never seen one - I reckon you'd recoup your money easy if you stuck it on ebay as the oz/nz collectors love foreign issues of their bands - they're a fairly collectable band as they evolved in larry's rebels - I think you had one of their tracks on your xmas mix????
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

simple image stuff

Hello
      Yes,they were kiwis.They did at least 10 singles,one ep and one lp. One single was released in Australia as well as NZ and the british one you mentioned makes 12 7 inch 45 releases.I have rough and ready spares of some of these if required
      bye
      Brian
      nothing is essential

Comment

I found the LP with these tracks but didn't think much of it, bit too "generic 60s beat group" for my liking.

Or maybe it wasn't generic, I don't really like that kind of 60s pop stuff in the main. So maybe it's really original and not very generic at all.

Anyway I didn't like it much.

Comment

that Simple Image lp

I'd go along with that.it does not sit near the top of my "gotta play list"..cool cover though..If you dig 1960s beat band stuff then get a copy when you can.
          The singles were fine,as the band were live.
          None of these guys played in Larrys Rebels at all,that I'm sure of
          nothing is essential

Comment

Bassist R Gascoigne is credited to both bands
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

simple image

Hi
              I found that bass player R Gascoigne in the Simple Image line up but could not find him in Larrys Rebels. I researched 'Hostage To the Beat (Auckland Scene)" book and "When Rock Got Rolling" which is about 1960s Wellington bands and the only mention of him is in the Wellington band The Simple Image.
              Also "just For The Record (NZ Records from 1949 to 2000)" only mentions him in The Simple Image

"Hostage to the Beat" though does say that a Harry Leki from Larrys Rebels joined THe Simple Image towards the end of their reign.
              who knows?
              bye
              Brian
              Last edited by tfcbrian; 13-07-2005, 10:16 AM.
              nothing is essential

Comment

Working...
              X