Turkish deee-lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish deee-lite

does anyone know if the 1976 Selda (RIP) album Vurulduk Ey Halkim is as good as Kizildere? (which has gone from a 6 tracker to 'every track's a stormer' in my eyes)

and what are people's fave Cem Karaca, Baris Manco singles?

i recently got Türküz Türkü Çağırırız by Mazhar Ve Fuat which i can highly recommend,
    also recommended is the Mustafa Ozkent album GENÇLİK İLE ELELE which is packed *full* of groovy little dancefloor numbers (although they are all instrumental.
    Last edited by Nico Gomez; 29-04-2005, 11:05 AM.

The baris manco where he is on the front cover and has a bit tache is WICKED!
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
      The baris manco where he is on the front cover and has a bit tache is WICKED!
      That narrows it down then. To all of them.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

does anyone know if the 1976 Selda (RIP) album Vurulduk Ey Halkim is as good as Kizildere?
        yep theres 1 MEGA track on there called Utan Utan, not as many electronics though. (strictly speaking, it's a two tracker)
        kraut rock ist nicht tot!
        http://www.myspace.com/andyvotel
        http://www.myspace.com/voteldesign

Comment

this is my favourite web page of all time, i reckon
          http://progressive.homestead.com/CEM_entry.html

Comment

the one with the red n yellow pic sleeve.....pic of baris n his guitar with drums in foreground..........break!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
              That narrows it down then. To all of them.

I like the one when he is wearing a leopard skin outfit. Grrrrrrrrr!

Im only messing. I think 'GONUL DAGI' and 'BIR BAHAR AKSAM' are worth checking. Infact I think I need these meself.
              Last edited by sermad; 29-04-2005, 01:34 PM.
              www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yep! Mustafa Ozkent lp is the veritable arse's crack. One of the best from there.
                (Along very similar lines, you should try to find Lebanese Omar Khorshid's "Orient... summat" lp. "Belly Dance vol 1" is also good, but this is more for the easy-listening crowd here -although side one does have some very good Ventures guitar,surfy-psychecheese instrumentals that are not well-covered shits.)

3 Hurel along the psyche lines
                Fairuz Derin proggy 70s sound with Hammond
                Ithayac Molasi more recent artist doing good proggy fusion

Comment

It's a chimpanzee, not a monkey!!!
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                  X