Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soul Mix back online !

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Soul Mix back online !

    Wass'up peeps ?
    Here's a mix full (I mean full) of soul tracks, some known, some less common.
    That was made for a girlie name Mary, hence the name of the mix
    -> http://www.laid-back.be/download/dabee.htm

    Enjoy !

    Peace

  • #2
    dope mix

    superb mix sir, would love to know the track before ZZ Hill, peace sid

    Comment


    • #3
      I completly differ from Sid. I hope you don't get too offended, DaBee, but if you're going to post up a link to an online mix, then I presume you want to hear reactions either way.

      I just thought it was a really badly put together mix. Not so much the tracks chosen, but the order they were assembled in - I also thought the points where one ended and another began were really badly chosen and just didn't work at all. It almost sounds like the mix was done automatically, with the decision when to fade in the next song made by a piece of softwate with time limits placed on each track...

      This is the worst mix I've heard in a really, really long time, sorry.
      Last edited by Nick Cope; 02-05-2005, 04:29 PM.
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nick Cope
        I completly differ from Sid. I hope you don't get too offended, DaBee, but if you're going to post up a link to an online mix, then I presume you want to hear reactions either way.

        I just thought it was a really badly put together mix. Not so much the tracks chosen, but the order they were assembled in - I also thought the points where one ended and another began were really badly chosen and just didn't work at all. It almost sounds like the mix was done automatically, with the decision when to fade in the next song made by a piece of softwate with time limits placed on each track...

        This is the worst mix I've heard in a really, really long time, sorry.
        Wow, that was harsh... Just a few things, that mix was really something spontaneous, no thought at all regarding blending tracks and everything, my friend Mary wanted to hear on a CD some of the soul joints I was spinning and I just took them all from the crates and here it goes.. That's why there's no tracklisting too... I tried to play like 2 minutes of each songs, so my friend can get a good slice of plenty of them. There was no plan putting it on the net at the first place, but people seemed to dig it so here it is... Obviously you didn't.. But you're the first one (that tells me, there may be way more.. Ouch !).
        If you want some clever mix, check that one instead -> http://www.justlikehiphop.com/fichemenu.php?id=5432
        Took me 4 months to do it, working on a daily basis...
        I'll check that ZZ Hill joint to see what I've put before... I don't remember right now...

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes it was rather harsh wasn't it! Well, what good is a world without opinons eh? Glad you're not offended and all that - I'm sure I've done musical things that other people don't agree with too...

          But it's not necessarily a clever mix that I rate above others - to me, it's just a case of what works, and that could be a simple brief fade between tracks if the tracks themselves sit really well with each other. Sermad's crazy psych-ish mix in the last CD swap was an excellent example of that.
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nick Cope
            Sermad's crazy psych-ish mix in the last CD swap was an excellent example of that.
            yeah, that's a quality mix. I think the word is class. Subtle touches rather than all that wickywicky malarkey plus an understanding of how his musical choices ebb and flow. Certainly the most played Xmas'04 CDR in Wolfe Mansions. Hang on, this is a bit brown-nosey....his first mix which I think is still on Soulstrut is PUMP by comparison. Sorted.
            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey sid, track was "On the Move" by the Impressions, from "Three The Hard Way" OST. Sampled (what a chop !!!), among others, by Pete Rock for Tru Master.

              Originally posted by sid
              superb mix sir, would love to know the track before ZZ Hill, peace sid

              Comment


              • #8
                King da Bee

                Cheers da Bee, thanks again for the track, I need to pick that up!!!!,nice selection of tunes on your mix as well bro, peace sid

                Comment

                Working...
                X