wembley record fair this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wembley record fair this weekend

anyone going? should be some good dealers there this time - Soul Explosion and DJ Friendly for a start.
    http://www.blaxploitation.com
    Chops for show, groove for dough.

hmm, not been for years. the (sodium) lighting in that place is awful (assuming it's the same venue). am tempted to go this time though, i think a couple of reggae dealers i haven't seen for ages will be there...

just seen from the VIP website that you can get free entry in to the next-door guitar show - let's RAWK!

Comment

yeah thats why they are having a record fair - just because the guitar fair is on. Yeah I'll go. I bet it will be as crap as ever.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
        Yeah I'll go. I bet it will be as crap as ever.

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
          yeah thats why they are having a record fair - just because the guitar fair is on. Yeah I'll go. I bet it will be as crap as ever.

Comment

no, really, it genuinely IS cack*

*unless you're interested in Queen picture discs
            http://www.blaxploitation.com
            Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

?!

Record fairs, record shmairs (or something).

You don't find rare psych acetates and Herman Kelly 12" for 29p in the chur. . err. . record fairs. . .you find 'em in the streets. Or at least, in the charity shops.

Managed to end my 7 day drought with a nice copy of the Laurie Johnson - New Avengers / Professionals '45 for 99p today. . .

No mean feat given that this is the charidee shop which has a copy of "Thriller" on the wall for 29.99 (perhaps it's stained with M.J.'s semen or something).

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba
                No mean feat given that this is the charidee shop which has a copy of "Thriller" on the wall for 29.99 (perhaps it's stained with M.J.'s semen or something).
                Nah thats down to a fiver a litre on ebay.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Hey viva.

you found a good record in a charity! WELL DONE MATE!
                  www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

(to Mr Chiba: )

why are you always so provocative? i'm sure everyone here knows about bargains in charity shops, so why mention it like that? record fairs are just yet another chance to buy good records, along with ebay, proper shops, mail order dealers, etc. i'm not going to find many decent soul and reggae 45s in charity shops, am i? so i'd rather give a dealer money for a big pile of nice 45s that i can listen to first, check the condition, etc, rather than wait a lifetime trying and failing to find them for 29p

edit - beaten to it by Sermad...

Comment

Mike, Serms... Remember, it IS a competition.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

?!

Oh come on.

It's only records innit. I don't think because I found a decent record in a charidee shop and was a little chuffed about it I'm being "provocative".

I can think of FAR more exciting ways to be provocative than that.

Besides, we have a weekly topic which is dedicated to charity shop and car boot finds. . . nothing provocative about it. . .just all dumb luck really.

Record fairs are undoubtledly crammed to the rafters with vinyl (though I've not been to one for years, and never to this Wembley event) but personally I'm more keen on targeting specific items from the 'bay and hoovering up whatever cheapies I can afford (not many, given the size of my vinyl related overdraft).

I wasn't alleging that anyone who goes to said record fair is wasting their time, most probably there will be some goodies on offer there.

Besides, this site is titled vinylvulture. Not vinylletsgotoarecordfairandspendacopupleofton.com

I thought it actively encouraged the pillaging of plastic carrion. . .
                        Viva Chiba
                        Lonely Jelly
                        Last edited by Viva Chiba; 05-05-2005, 04:43 PM.

Comment

it does, but this was a thread about fairs, comparing them to charity shops is irrelevant. and anyway, fairs are often cheaper than ebay for a lot of things, and it's nice meeting dealers and getting recommendations. plus a lot of dealers don't put things on ebay.

(and anyway, the pound bins at fairs are often like charity digging but better - the Mantovanis and co have been removed for your convenience...)

Comment

?!

I can compare 'em if I like. . it's a free count. . .err. . Howard hasn't got in yet, has he ?

Besides, I felt my post was laced with a fair dose of irony. . .do you do irony in working hours ?

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba
                              . . .do you do irony in working hours ?
                              Hmmm, I think this may be what Bongolia was talking about...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X