Litltle Barrie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Litltle Barrie...

a little after the event as I saw them last Saturday, but thought it worth mentioning should you get the opportunity to catch them.

Essentially, Little Barrie rock the funk. Big style. Pay money. See them. You won't be disappointed. And I'm pretty certain that's Baby Huey on drums.

If you catch the same line-up as I did, DJ Format is pretty good too, fairly entertaining (although - truth be told - a better beatsmith than DJ)

aahh yes, finally a u.k.band i can go live for it over here! i saw that they play at a festival in luzern ! great, i will be there! usually we have just the big u.k.-names in switzerland.

hey effideep that could be a chance to meet. let's have a swiss vv-meeting!
    can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

they're playing melbourne on June 10 or 11 - smallish venue too, should be dope!

theres also a sydney gig

Comment

Lots of talk of little barrie on the forums. I think Ive seen them about 6 times now!
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Yes, Little Barrie has long been a favourite on the VV board for eons and years...
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

yeah LB rock.

Heard the Soul Sister track recently and its been going round in my bloody head. Would like that to be on 45 as it seems to be only on a couple of albums, which I'm not really interested in.

Love the album
            Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
              Yes, Little Barrie has long been a favourite on the VV board for eons and years...
              No, this thread is about LITLTLE BARRIE... (Sorry Darren ).

And yes, they're a definite favourite (unless you're Bongolia ). Hadrian, Dr K, Rodders Of Newmarket and myself saw them in Cambridge on the same tour (I was a bit more sober than their recent H,F&S). Wasn't that keen on Format - a bit too 'jock hip hop' for my liking with the downing beers and the mesh hats, and spotting 'the Brand Nubian one', the 'Chubb Rock' one, etc. wore a little thin. But, since LB are now travelling further afield, it's worth a heads up for overseas Vultures. Wayne, son of Baby Huey and Phil Collins, is worth the ticket alone. There, that should overhype them enough to ensure disappointment when you see them...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                No, this thread is about LITLTLE BARRIE... (Sorry Darren ).

And yes, they're a definite favourite (unless you're Bongolia ). Hadrian, Dr K, Rodders Of Newmarket and myself saw them in Cambridge on the same tour (I was a bit more sober than their recent H,F&S). Wasn't that keen on Format - a bit too 'jock hip hop' for my liking with the downing beers and the mesh hats, and spotting 'the Brand Nubian one', the 'Chubb Rock' one, etc. wore a little thin. But, since LB are now travelling further afield, it's worth a heads up for overseas Vultures. Wayne, son of Baby Huey and Phil Collins, is worth the ticket alone. There, that should overhype them enough to ensure disappointment when you see them...
                Saw Little Barrie and DJ Format on the Edinburgh leg of their tour and I must agree that Little Barrie were superb and not to be missed. DJ Format and his mcs did put on a very good show though even if Format was a little bit superfluous and a tad sloppy on the cuts at times. It was still one of the most entertaining hip hop shows that I've seen in a long time and Format did finish in proper 'jock hip hop' fashion by playing a bit of Jimmy Pryde which was nice.
                http://www.myspace.com/colinmillar

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Hero
                  Format did finish in proper 'jock hip hop' fashion by playing a bit of Jimmy Pryde which was nice.
                  LOL! Go get that plane Col, see you later...
                  You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rich Hero]No, this thread is about LITLTLE BARRIE... (Sorry Darren )

note to self.... do not add posts after 8 pints of guinness and much heated political debate down the pub

Comment

Saw them both rock the place at the Faversham in Leeds on Sunday...seen them both alot of times before (seperately) and to be honest...it was a double bill made in heaven for me...plus afterwards Format played a great DJ Set...some great FunkyRock...Wierd Cheese with Breaks and some nice Latin Breaks...

Plus Both LB and Format went down a total storm with the crowd so the atmosphere was incredible...shame i had work next day...
                      Country be dyin like poor people do
                      Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Working...
                      X