Sunshine panners steel band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine panners steel band

Took the nipper to the playpark Sunday morning it find that the council had decided to paint it, so half of it was off limits... and the other half had been puked over, presumably by Saturday night revellers...

This situation, which could have descended into torrents of tears was fortunately saved by the fact that there was some sort of fundraising road race on and 5,000 odd runners ( and some were very odd ) started to trot by and managed to cheer the kid up.

In the absence of anything to do wandered through the rest of the park and my attention was grabbed by what turned out to be the finishing straight and line... as we got closer I thought I could hear music... and sure enough I could. But not just any old music - Funky Steel band music.

The Sunshine Panners Steel Band were marvelous, knocking out great funky versions of Watermelon man, Yellowbird, Soul Limbo Etc. complete with breaks and everything...

The average age of the band must have been 15, two thirds female and completely white, from Hexham high school, Northumbria... avaliable for weddings, parties, bar mitzvahs etc. unfortunately no CD's...

So me and the young 'un grooved the morning away... made my day it did...
    Last edited by someblokecalledfuz; 09-05-2005, 11:23 AM.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Nice !

Steel bands sound ace when they've got a funky kit man...

Funnily enough I had a steel sesh at home yesterday - going through the various bits and bobs I've got on the funky tip.

It was after sticking on the Beasties Hello Nasty and hearing Body Movin that started me off by digging out the Steel Cavaliers - Oye Coma Va -

what a killer that track is!

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
      Nice !

Steel bands sound ace when they've got a funky kit man...

Funnily enough I had a steel sesh at home yesterday - going through the various bits and bobs I've got on the funky tip.

It was after sticking on the Beasties Hello Nasty and hearing Body Movin that started me off by digging out the Steel Cavaliers - Oye Coma Va -

what a killer that track is!
      is that steel funk comp still floatin' about. good stuff. think it was a boot.
      MODZ
      Hero No.9
      Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
      THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE
        is that steel funk comp still floatin' about. good stuff. think it was a boot.

Think there was two vols of those - deffo booties. Top stuff all the same - not really seen them in "normal shops" for quite a while...

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
          the other half had been puked over, presumably by Saturday night revellers...
          Could've been Friday night revellers that were responsible???
          Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I heard them too! I was walking home from the booter with my son, we had been trapped trying to cross over the High Street for 15 minutes as the runners thundered past - what a racket - when we got to the Meadows they were doing 'Soul Limbo'. It was indeed most funky!
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
              I heard them too! I was walking home from the booter with my son...
              "it's a family affaaaair, it's a family affaaaaair"

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
                Could've been Friday night revellers that were responsible???
                Us Friday night revellers would never dream of such behaviour... although scaling public statues, making taxi drivers jobs much harder than they should be, and falling asleep on other peoples floors is the minimum entrance requirement.
                In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
                  "it's a family affaaaair, it's a family affaaaaair"

He had a better score than I did - 100 or so Yu-Gi-Oh (sp?) cards for a quid - he was well chuffed I can tell you.
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                  X