nitty gritty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitty gritty

what system would you recommend? is there another good way to clean the records without spending 400$ on a cleaning system?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

In the sink with a bit of washing up liquid.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Bit of spit and the right sleeve of your jumper.

Sorry!

Similar to Sermad - in the sink, warm(ish) water, dash of mild soap, non abrasive cloth...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I wrote that last answer dead quick.

Basically same as sie. luke warm water and a bit of washing up liquid. Then you rub the soap into the grooves with your fingers.

Then rinse off with de-ionised water. Pad try with a lint free cloth (try and get the anti-static ones).
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

build yer own:

http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/cleaner/cleaner.html

CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

i use a small soft paintbrush and go round the record cleaning a bit at a time. and i soak the next 45 while i'm cleaning the first, particularly if they are very grubby reggae ones...

Comment

so, then i wasn't wrong with using water. thought i would represent me as a total fool writing this in here
              thanks, never used washing up liquid,but will try it.

and maybe, debris, some day i'll try to build that hell of a machine...who knows
              Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

I think the idea is NOT to use lighter fuel or any other solvents, as commonly used in some circles. Soap works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok Azal
                  Soap works wonders.
                  Hurrah to that!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

?!

Sad to say I got to the boot sale a little too late to score a Ronco Record Vacuuming gadget. . .not that I would have trusted any of my records in it, but it looked quite kitsch.

Comment

Originally posted by effi_deep
                      thanks, never used washing up liquid,but will try it.
                      Make sure you use cheap, budget, economy washing up liquid, rather than brand name, concentrated liquid, since the latter is (supposedly) too harsh and may damage your records.
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

One great way to get dust off after they are cleaned is to go to a fabric shop and get an off-cut of velvet....plus i'd recommend some of the record cleaning fluids to put on after you've given it a nice bath...a good fluid will be anti static
                        Country be dyin like poor people do
                        Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Working...
                        X