no vinyl but moog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no vinyl but moog

since there are many producers on that board i hope that someone can help me, eventhough it isn't exactly a lp-collector question.

just opened my moog prodigy today to clean it out and change some keys. so i had to take the parts from each other. i thought i would be easy to remember, and it was easy, except from two things.
    so if you just could open your prodigy and watch the following things (it is quiet interesting anyway. not a lot of tecnique. wonder why these things go for 500$ today )

there are four green/yellow cables.

one starts at the keyboard, then goes to the bottom where it is connected with a screw to the second green/yellow cable. that second one i don't remember where to connect (it's the square ending that i don't now where to put).

then:

the third green/yellow cable goes from the power supply to the back, there it is also connected with a screw to the fourd yellow/green cable. and guess what, i don't know where to connect that fourd cable to neither.

a friend of mine, who calles himself an elictrician, couldn't tell me. so thanks to that one!
    but i really need quick help, cause i'm supposed to have a gig on wednesday
    wrote to several synth forums but they won't answer i guess....

thanks a lot!
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Hi Effi,

If you get no joy here try singing up for the Analogue Heaven mailing list - you'll definately get an answer there.

Happy mooging!
    Jamie.
    https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Comment

Hi, I have a Moog Prodigy at home, I'll have time to check in a bit if you haven't already fixed it?
      www.myspace.com/thecromagnonband

http://www.wolfpeople.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by green man
        Hi, I have a Moog Prodigy at home, I'll have time to check in a bit if you haven't already fixed it?
        oh yes please....

Comment

OK, I've just opened it up...

The first green/yellow cable goes from the keys to the base/bottom as you said, the next cable goes from that same screw on the bottom to the screw above the power input.

Then from this crew, there are 2 other green/yellow cables, one going directly into the power input and the last one goes to the ...er, transformer? I can't actually remember if that's what it's called (I really should know this as I've studied a bit of electronics!) Anyway it is screwed underneath the right hand leg of the kind of big coil that has 5 other cables coming out of it (2 red, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 purple).

Hope this makes sense!

Let me know if it's not clear, I can email you a picture if need be...

Tom

Comment

...and there we go, together again, hand in hand, my moog and i...
            thank you so much tom for your quick help (and nice guide)!
            if you need something from switzerland (i don't know if we have something of interest at all...) let me know and i will gladly send it to you. i don't have a cool spare copy at the moment, but you could choose something from my samba trade-list (if you want)...i don't like them anyway
            so, i'm ready to ride the devils moog tomorrow

..and sergio, listen, listen.... thank you too, i'm now an exclusive member of the fabulous heaven synth (what's it called??).

Comment

Hey you're welcome!

I'm happy to help out, don't really expect a vinyl reward for a couple of minutes work (but I might get back top you one day if I need some help tracking down some wax from Switzerland )

btw what kind of stuff do you use the Moog for? Do you play in a band?

Comment

Originally posted by green man
                Hey you're welcome!

I'm happy to help out, don't really expect a vinyl reward for a couple of minutes work (but I might get back top you one day if I need some help tracking down some wax from Switzerland )

btw what kind of stuff do you use the Moog for? Do you play in a band?
                allright, just tell me if you need something.
                play it in a band, usually for basslines or additional voices (cause we play instrumental) with one hand, playing some chords with the other one on the rhodes. but also for my solo stuff where i just like playing around with it, cause it's so much fun! i've never had an analog synth that was sooo cool to play with as the prodigy is! and there i use it for basslines, leadvoices and that kind of easy background synthmelodies as jamiroquai or tenor do it. and of course for freaky solos!!

Comment

Working...
                X