adriano celentano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adriano celentano

what is the adriano celentano "funky" stuff that everybody around me seems to be talking about lately???
    i mean, i've heard some records of him, but never came across some cool tunes. just think of "azurro" and you know what i mean
    is someone gonna teach me?
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

As it happens i picked up my first (and possibly last) Adriano Celentano LP yesterday in a charity. Just liked the look of the cover, he's dressed like a member of the mob with a scantly clad girl at his feet. As for the music it wasn`t paticually funky just standard (European) pop to my ears. Must admit i have never heard of him before, thought it was just another random LP that had floated over the chanel somehow.
    Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
    www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
    www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Mike Reid (yes, Frank Butcher himself!) did an amazing cover version of 'Presincolinainsinaincuisol', which is much better than Celantano's original, to be honest!

Comment

he did a good funk version of 2001 Theme on the Yuppi Du OST.
        http://www.blaxploitation.com
        Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

. . .and he's namechecked ('Adey Celantano') in 'Reasons To Be Cheerful'. Our Italian cousins know him as 'Il Molleggiato' - 'The Springy One'.

This information is brought to you by this week's epistle from the Rocking Vicar.
          The Pop Music Library

Comment

I've only got the 'Presincolinainsinaincuisol' 7" and I like that a lot...
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

It's not bad - still prefer Mike Reid's version, though! Any idea what the lyrics are actually about? Haven't got a clue, meself.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
                It's not bad - still prefer Mike Reid's version, though! Any idea what the lyrics are actually about? Haven't got a clue, meself.
                No idea, but the other side is pretty much the same song called Hey Mr DJ or something. To me, it sounds like he's singing backwards lyrics forwards, if that makes sense...
                Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

On the "Una Carezza In Un Pugno" LP is a great mod/funky track called "Un Bimbo Sul Leone" the rest of the LP is pants.

I have included it on my mix CD.
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X