Dj No Cash Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dj No Cash Money

I'm literally always skint from buying records and broken dolls, indeed most times my home is in jeopardy as i can not keep up my payments . I'm in an obscene amount of debt and its bloody hard goin always......anyway, do any of you got a system or any other way in which you keep your shit together financially against your desire for certain noises?

is there a difference between djs/collectors who got bags of dosh and those who do not?
    apart from the fiscal of course.

who the feks doin' that cali soul remix i'm hearin' on the radio?????
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Originally posted by SARGE
    I'm literally always skint from buying records and broken dolls
    Err.. quit buying the dolls?
    Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Flog stuff on ebay to pay for the stuff you DO want... If you sell 10 albums a week, and get a fiver for each of them (and I regularly see Non-Stop Pepsi Party and Alan Moorhouse "Funky Fever" LPs getting that) then voila! You've turned a fiver into fifty quid...

You can buy records you want AND don't have to give up the dolls... When you say broken, do you actually mean PUNCTURED?
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

There's always some tunes getting a buzz, sometimes genuinely so - once word gets around about them. Let the suckers desperate for kudos or easily led pay through the nose for them. They'll always turn up a little later for way less.

Or like Divine said, put stuff up in bulk on the bay - budget for records created within the week.

Or buy blind. Call the seller, ask to hear it. Go for weird described stuff. If it's relatively unknown and haven't heard it anywhere else, chances are it'll be cheap.

Lastly, just stop buying the things. There'll always be there, always. If someone says "last chance for this - you'll never see it again" ignore them, they're WRONG!
        http://wakeupanddie.com
        http://weirdgearnyc.com
        http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
          Flog stuff on ebay to pay for the stuff you DO want... If you sell 10 albums a week, and get a fiver for each of them (and I regularly see Non-Stop Pepsi Party and Alan Moorhouse "Funky Fever" LPs getting that) then voila! You've turned a fiver into fifty quid...
          Its that or hawking your sweet ass down the docks.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
            There's always some tunes getting a buzz, sometimes genuinely so - once word gets around about them. Let the suckers desperate for kudos or easily led pay through the nose for them. They'll always turn up a little later for way less.

Or like Divine said, put stuff up in bulk on the bay - budget for records created within the week.

Or buy blind. Call the seller, ask to hear it. Go for weird described stuff. If it's relatively unknown and haven't heard it anywhere else, chances are it'll be cheap.

Lastly, just stop buying the things. There'll always be there, always. If someone says "last chance for this - you'll never see it again" ignore them, they're WRONG!
            Once again words of wisdom from the NC.
            I'm flogging some stuff and god knows i got such a pile of stuff to shift but i aint got a pc at home and this is well crap......most of the stuff i buy i buy blind. You know how this goes...most are pure evil and every now and then you get that little diamond for 6 euros.

I usually get the dolls for free, coz they're broken.
            Your thinking bet he brakes them in the shop........you're wrong.
            MODZ
            Hero No.9

Comment

Once again words of wisdom from the NC.
              I'm flogging some stuff and god knows i got such a pile of stuff to shift but i aint got a pc at home and this is well crap......most of the stuff i buy i buy blind. You know how this goes...most are pure evil and every now and then you get that little diamond for 6 euros.

I usually get the dolls for free, coz they're broken.
              Your thinking bet he brakes them in the shop........you're wrong.
              if you get the dolls for free then fix 'em up then sell 'em on the bay.......that way you're turning a better profit 'cause you didn't have lay out for 'em......use the dough to score vinyls.......

Comment

Originally posted by platerpus
                if you get the dolls for free then fix 'em up then sell 'em on the bay.......that way you're turning a better profit 'cause you didn't have lay out for 'em......use the dough to score vinyls.......
                skillz. but a flaw i sniff.....
                the dolls gotta be broken tho else thats well gay that is, i don't be diggin' no dolls that aint busted up, tell me you understand this.
                MODZ
                Hero No.9

Comment

i don't be diggin' no dolls that aint busted up, tell me you understand this.
                  I find it slightly disturbing that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about here.
                  a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

skillz. but a flaw i sniff.....
                    the dolls gotta be broken tho else thats well gay that is, i don't be diggin' no dolls that aint busted up, tell me you understand this.
                    .........oh i just assumed that you were gay?

Comment

If you buy new stuff get a job in a record shop and get em all at cost price....
                      If you buy second hand...get a Saturday job in a great second hand record shop....and get em all at cost....
                      If you are a charity shop digger...do something charitable and get first digs on the good stuff by offering your day off to a GOOD charity shop...say one that gets loads and loads and loads of vinyl....
                      Sell your arse by doing some "Bar Djing" and play shit for shits while thinking of the money...(did it for a few years when i was younger...i still bare the scars...mental and physical)

My own curcumstances are the same...i have a job in a great independant recordshop and have a residency in a great club where i can play what i want so i'm happy...but compare my earnings to any one of my friends and i come out with probably half of what they do...
                      Country be dyin like poor people do
                      Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

Dont sell you records,

From what I,ve read in another thread you like to toke a bit of the proverbial leaf every now and then.

Grow some weed and sell it, only on a small scale of course, and dont smoke it all

And dont tell anyone

I friend of mine did this and made a some money + you dont have to buy it anymore
                        Earfuzz

Comment

Row the wants list out. Buy stuff you don't know.
                          Last edited by son of stan; 11-05-2005, 09:52 PM.
                          Endless Tripe

Comment

Originally posted by maWhie
                            friend of mine did this and made a some money + you dont have to buy it anymore
                            the boy lives in Belfast dude - no money to be had there as the entire population already has a shoe-box of magical properties delivered on a weekly basis. I reckon Sarge should go back to poledancing - he may find the sugardaddy he's been longing for
                            new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Sarge......is that you in that lovely blue hat? Aren't you going to introduce us to your friend?

Comment

Working...
                              X