new music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new music

its been a little while, what 'new music' are you lot all feeling at the moment ?

over here the following have been getting some love:

Edan - Beauty and the beat LP
    De La Soul - Grind date
    Prefuse 73 - Surrounded by silence
    Sharon Jones - Naturally
    Connie Price and the Wildflowers - Keystones

expecting to get ahold of the new Quasimoto and Dj Vadim's 'Oneself' (with Yarra Bravo and Blu Rum 13) project in the next week

Originally posted by rolex baxter
    Edan - Beauty and the beat LP

Prefuse 73 - Surrounded by silence
    been into these 2 myself, picked up the quasimoto as well which i actually thought was abit disappointing(but still worth buying...)
    http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Thought the One Self single was top notch!
      Quasimoto lp is (not surprisingly) off the wall, lots of skits, songs stop - start, after initially being dissapointed (only because i had very high expectations) a few things have grabbed me & I'm getting more into it!

Really like the 4 hero mix of Plant Lifes- when she smiles, lush strings.
      Liked the blend crafters with MF doom, always a pleasure!
      Been out a while but I'm still playing alice russell - Hurry on now,
      really soulfull.
      http://www.facebook.com/weekendsun
      http://soundcloud.com/weekend-sun
      http://www.myspace.com/weekendsun

Comment

Alton Miller - Clouds Are Gone (Henrik Schwarz mix), brilliant off-the-wall deep house.
        Emiliana Torrini LP (like a cross between Stina Nordenstam and Bjork, very hypnotic)
        Stereo MCs - First Love/Warhead (FL is the better of the two ,but I like both)
        Chicken Lips - Sweet Cow (like a cross between Balearic and Krautrock, and very bonkers: "suck my tit you want me now")
        Emperor Machine - Roller Daddy (Krautrock loveliness)
        Faith Evans - Mesmerised (from the new sampler, modern funk)
        Nirobi & Barakas - Patrridge/Bungee Jump Against Racism (off-kilter trip loopy business)
        Border Crossing - Searching For Mr Manuva (Scruff's mix rocks! My big record of the last two months)

Fort Knox Five feat. Afrika Bambaataa - Radio Free DC (OK, so I haven't got a copy yet, but it's ace)...
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

I dont know if these count as new, maybe newer.

I been picking up all of the Boards of canada albums, future classic's maybe? I think they've done four in total.

And im currently trying to pick some of the early intellegent jungle drum n bass 12" the photek records release's and some of the early metalheads and glr release's

I friend did me a mixtape a while ago that 's got some new things on it

mad villian - 'track that samples space is the place' and 'good morning sunshine'

luke vibert - bend over

lyrics born - do that there

captain funkaho - atari 2600
          Earfuzz

Comment

Since Hadrian brought the delights of that Amerie "Just One Thing" to us all earlier this year, I've had the blummin' opening break floating around in my noggin' for what seems like an eternity...

.. and i still don't know what it's sampled from! Please, someone enlighten me...
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture
              Since Hadrian brought the delights of that Amerie "Just One Thing" to us all earlier this year, I've had the blummin' opening break floating around in my noggin' for what seems like an eternity...

.. and i still don't know what it's sampled from! Please, someone enlighten me...

the meters innit?
              http://soundcloud.com/benjaminhatton

http://mixcloud.com/benjaminhatton

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture

Here Comes The Meterman
                http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

The Meters? Crikey, what a doofus I am at times.. which track? Is it the break at the end of "Here Come the Metermen"?
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I posted at the same time as Bill ! haha ! cheers guys...

... you need the 45 of Here Come The Metermen as you get more of the break before it fades out...

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
                      Stereo MCs - First Love/Warhead (FL is the better of the two ,but I like both)

Border Crossing - Searching For Mr Manuva (Scruff's mix rocks! My big record of the last two months)
                      with you on these!

also

Morcheeba 'Wonders Never Cease' Black Grass / Diabolical Brothers mixes
                      Morcheeba instrumental sampler 12"
                      so much better with their new vocalist - hurrah!

2econd Class Citizen 'Divided Reality' - shadowy downtempo

Splinter 'Theme from Splinter'
                      Diesler 'Sliced Soul Sandwich' EP

Fuzz Against Junk ' Love is like Strawberries' - gorgeous folk, I'll be putting this out fairly soon...

and the best thing I've heard for ages is a new band from Bath called The Heavy, featuring members of Alpha. Like the Blues Explosion fronted by Curtis Mayfield.
                      We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

the new Cariobou (formerly manitoba) album is good. a kind of folk-tronica, psych, kraut, dj shadow mash-up. a but like four tet but with vocals, songs, stuff like that. often building to big drum filled crescendos. plenty of bits of quirky madness.
                        he started as a boards of canada soundalike, then on his second album sounded like 60s psychedelia but this new one is his best so far. well worth checking out.

there is a new four tet album, which is drum overload.

also dungen, they have a proper UK release for the recent Ta Det Lugnt album and are playing at the Monarch tomorrow night, PROPAH swedish prog-pop-psychedelia, (heavily influenced by Pugh i'd say) which recently featured on SITKOD.

Comment

D'oh! forgot the Dungen album - yes indeed!
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico Gomez
                            there is a new four tet album, which is drum overload.
                            Agreed - quite uneasy in parts, but the single was lushness (remember the video link I posted up for you all to enjoy...?)

Comment

Definitely feeling the Sharon Jones album at the moment - reckon it will be a contender for best album of the year for me.

Enjoying the new Quas album as well, exactly what I expected but none the worse for that.

Not quite so new but finally got my hands on The Maroons Ambush which is good stuff.
                              Ear Fuzz

Comment

Working...
                              X