Brillo folk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brillo folk

So Brillo peeps, did you audition the tracks for "Black Cabs" ?? spill the beans someone
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Another nice night - some excellent tunes spun around the crux of the night - choosing the majority of tunes for the Black Cabs and London Fog comp.

I think 15 tunes were chosen - not a duff'un in sight. Fantastic stuff. Some cover versions of recognisable tunes done by totally unrecognisable artists, original tunes, rock inspired, downtempo, uptempo and just plain funk oriented. All in all, a mixture of tunes diverse in tempos, but united in sounding very bloody British!! It's going to be fun compiling the running order.

Nick has more details, as he was Chairman, keeping tabs on the results.

People are going to have to make like to figure this lot out.

Comment

Hah yeah there was a eurovision contest style voting session - DIX points to some of the songs on offer  

The good news is...that because Jonny Trunk and The-E-Man are away this weekend...I get to take over mr Trunks radio show. Which means I'm going to play a LOT of the tracks up for nomination so all the VV folk around the world can vote.

In London its 104.4 FM and on the interweb its streaming - http://www.resonancefm.com/ from 16:30-18:30 GMT

How cool is that! I love it when a plan comes together  
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

This comp is gonna be bad.

Some great pieces were aired last night - with many of the voting going to the wire - in order to choose just one out of the three contenders from each contributor.

It got to be quite a heated debate with accusations of trying to sway the vote and speculation of who&#39;s contributions were who&#39;s.

Mr C is the man with the final results - but not sure even he knows the names of the tracks - just which ones will be used.

Let the fun begin...

Comment

Those first few tracks sounded great - sorry I had to leave, the voting process was most enjoyable - I especially liked Nick&#39;s compere interludes ...

On the upside I had a listen to those Batucada albums when I got home and they&#39;re all great&#33; I&#39;ll be going back to where I got them to pick up anything I missed

Great to meet everyone and do the faces to names to strange vulture aliases thang, roll on the next one&#33;

R&#39;Funk
          FunkyDown
          Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Ditto all of the above. Top quality tunes and very entertaining voting for them all (&quot;No, there isn&#39;t a track four Sermad. And you can&#39;t vote for the interlude music&quot. It must have looked even odder than a normal meet to the general public, with grown men reaching their hands skywards for their favourite. We recognised a few tracks (LBG was on top spotting form) but many slipped through under the radar. And we must mention Sermad&#39;s Streethawk style arrival (or maybe it was more the Joseph And His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat episode of Grange Hill ?&#33;?).

Bring on Round 2. And good to meet you both Rubs and Colin too.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 17 June 2003,11:25)]And we must mention Sermad&#39;s Streethawk style arrival
              *whistles theme to Kick Start*

I was waiting for someone to ask him why he was still wearing his crash helmet half an hour after arriving

&quot;Oh&#33; Foot down&#33; That&#39;ll cost him a 5 second penalty&#33;&quot;

Ah ... Peter Purves ...
              FunkyDown

Comment

All sounds sweet, wish i could have been there &#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Belson @ 17 June 2003,11:05)]People are going to have to make like    to figure this lot out.
                  Believe that &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

http://tvmusic.topcities.com/themes/kickstart.wav

This is ripe for a remix eh Rubs
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                      Quote[/b] (sermad @ 17 June 2003,11:39)]This is ripe for a remix eh Rubs
                      Oh yes. Or a Guder cover
                      FunkyDown

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Dr Rubberfunk @ 17 June 2003,11:30)]
                        Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (Rich Hero @ 17 June 2003,11:25)]And we must mention Sermad&#39;s Streethawk style arrival

I was waiting for someone to ask him why he was still wearing his crash helmet half an hour after arriving  

Ah ... Peter Purves ...
                        - I just got a new twelve the other day - the &quot;GO Band&quot; or something and it included a loungey jazz version of...you guessed Rubs ...the theme to &quot;kick start&quot;&#33; How topical?&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                          Originally posted by [b

Ah ... Peter Purves ...
                          LOL&#33;

Sermad&#39;s hair is not only stylish - it protects him on the mean streets of Stokie. I thought you were wearing your helmet on top of his head like the kids hanging around outside 7-11 for a while there Serms...

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Si Cheeba @ 17 June 2003,11:44)]
                            Originally posted by [b
                            Originally posted by [b

Ah ... Peter Purves ...
                             - I just got a new twelve the other day - the &quot;GO Band&quot; or something and it included a loungey jazz version of...you guessed Rubs  ...the theme to &quot;kick start&quot;&#33;  How topical?&#33;
                            Nuts. There goes that lucrative nostalgia cash in cover version then.

Must dig out the Persishers theme
                            FunkyDown

Comment

Yeah, voting was fun: 13 tracks selected - possibly 17 with close second choices. What we could maybe do is have one more voting session next month for any stragglers wanting to nominate something - I know John Stapleton wants to, but couldn&#39;t make it last night, we&#39;ll forgive him seeing as he lives 160 miles away... Just this once though&#33; Also, I&#39;ve heard of a certain Grumbleweeds tune that demands attention...

So we could do a little more voting, not much, and maybe vote on the close seconds while we&#39;re at it too...

How many tracks do you reckon we can fit on - or should keep it to?

Don&#39;t forget to tune in this Sat for a reminder of what went down&#33;

http://wakeupanddie.com
                              http://weirdgearnyc.com
                              http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Working...
                              X