Sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky

A chazzer near me seems to have in the entire output of the band 'Sky', not something I've ever thought twice about before as i'm not sold on prog fusion stuff, but, I did notice the presence of Herbie Flowers... a name I've seen mentioned round these parts... Are any sky albums worth picking up?

They are cheap, but the mental prog fusion hurdle is too high for me, I need encouragement from the vultures or somebody to throw a bucket of cold water over me and remind me 'What was I thinking...'
    Last edited by someblokecalledfuz; 16-05-2005, 11:12 AM.
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

I've always found their stuff to be rather disappointing, actually - they've got one of the best line-ups of musicians ever, but the end result just sounds like rather bland 80s library music, really.

I do like 'Tocatta', though!

Comment

One of their tunes is, apparently, a Cosmic classic in Italy, but I've always found to be utter shite. I actually went to see them in the 70s at the Albert Hall in a bizarre pact I made with my flatmates that we would all go to a gig of each other's choosing. It was really fucking boring.

I made them go to see Buzzcocks and Joy Division.
      http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Yup utter shite. Move away from the Sky records.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

and don't buy records on the basis of Herbie's involvement either. some of his solo LPs blow goats too.
          http://www.blaxploitation.com
          Chops for show, groove for dough.

Comment

I'll consider myself soaked...

Utter shite, yeah that was my recollection aswell... which is why I asked....

Sold alot though didn't they...
            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Seriously though, these other dudes are softening the blow.

This stuff sucks pretty bad.

Comment

There was also a US psych / prog band called Sky by the way. I've heard a couple of their LPs and by a strange coincidence they weren't very good either.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

I must admit,I do buy evrything I can on Herbies bassplayin! I would go for Sky 3 as there is some good tracks,listen to Herbies atempt at slap bass on "sister Rose"

steve
                  Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
                    I actually went to see them in the 70s at the Albert Hall...
                    I got dragged along to this as a child by my dad. He told me that the Who might be playing as well (I really wanted to see them smash up their instruments) and I believed him.

Comment

Originally posted by theeman
                      and don't buy records on the basis of Herbie's involvement either. some of his solo LPs blow goats too.
                      Though the three 'Bass Guitar and Percussion' LPs on KPM are pretty good, albeit a bit repetitive!

Comment

Originally posted by bracestower
                        I got dragged along to this as a child by my dad.
                        It appears to be a bit of a dad's thing. My pa can often be heard detailing at some considerable length just how utterly fantastic he thinks Sky are. Imagine his disappointment when I retort "well, as I told you the last ten times, I have heard them, and I think they're completely awful."
                        Let him have the lot for £2.00 - we were only going to throw 'em out anyway...

Comment

Working...
                        X