The Tremeloes - Instant Whip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tremeloes - Instant Whip

Apologies if this has been covered before but is Instant Whip a freakish one off for the Trems or are there other bits of interest out there?

A mate is sending me a copy of 'Suddenly you love me' which has them looking a bit Sgt. Peppers so i'm hoping thats reflected in the music.

Jamie.
    https://soundcloud.com/basicbasic

Originally posted by Sergio Paradise
    Apologies if this has been covered before but is Instant Whip a freakish one off for the Trems or are there other bits of interest out there?

A mate is sending me a copy of 'Suddenly you love me' which has them looking a bit Sgt. Peppers so i'm hoping thats reflected in the music.

Jamie.
    I'd pinned this up before and came up with nowt i'm afraid. maybe you'll have beeter luck...sarge is watching oh yes.

instant whip tho, theres bound to be another freak-out in there somewhere.
    lets point the phazers at the dilithium diggin crystals and use the power from the phazers to recharge our diggin'.

do you think it'll work cap'in?
    word
    MODZ
    Hero No.9
    Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
    THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

I like their version of Here Comes My Baby but then the first two Cat Stevens LPs are two of my faves...
      Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

I have an LP with good covers of Cool Jerk and Too many Fish in the sea
        My Mixcloud

Comment

Whipped

instant whip was a bit a one off for the tremeloes - i have the L.P from 1967 ' the tremeloes ' on CBS and it's full of good [ but light ] psych pop and the aforementioned 'cool jerk' , which incidentally is a great version !

All this and chesney's hawkes dad in the band !

What a result-i have a spare copy of 'instant whip' that is vg+ shape if anyone wants one to put them on until they upgrade!

anyone heard a 7" by cliff and hank [richard and marvin] 'throw down a line' ...?

great piece of freaky psych pop with some stinging acid guitar - i was shocked to say the least..

you doing ok sarge boy?
          Last edited by Sie-Fly; 31-05-2005, 10:50 PM.
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Not heard that 7" Fly but I'll keep 'em peeled for it. Plenty of cracking (Cliff & The) Shadows stuff about...personal fave is their version of 'Willie And The Hand Jive' on the b side of a 7" who's name I've temporarily forgotten.

Comment

shads

fall in love with you is the a-side - 1960!

i never heard it but i respect their freakbeat leanings jim..

sail on sailor x
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I'm a big Shadows fan, so much brilliant stuff and almost certainly one of the most influential British bands ever. Currently especially grooving to a song of theirs called Rhythm and Greens.

Willie... is a cover of a Johnny Otis song, all about masturbation/rock'n'roll, which features some proto-Velvet Underground guitar from Mr Marvin. Great. And when Mr Richard is involved, the interest goes up - see Move It, Mean Streak, We Say Yeah etc etc etc. Hint: you can get lots of quality Cliff and Shadows stuff on an MFP comp that I don't think is too hard to find. The sound quality isn't as good as the originals IMHO but still rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
                  I'm a big Shadows fan,
                  Currently I'm enjoying a track called 'Naughty nippon nights' by the Shadows... Well worth a listen if you've not heard it...
                  In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Don't know that one...what's it on? Like the title!

Comment

It's at home so I cannae remember! I will check and post for you, but I do remember that the cover is made up to look like a parcel sent in the post with plain brown wrapping paper... I think its called something like 'From Hank, Brian etc...'
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

I'll keep an eye out for it...

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
                          It's at home so I cannae remember! I will check and post for you, but I do remember that the cover is made up to look like a parcel sent in the post with plain brown wrapping paper... I think its called something like 'From Hank, Brian etc...'
                          Fuzz is right - it's called "From Hank Bruce Brian & John" - you can see it here:

http://www.cliffandshads.co.uk/

While we're talking Cliff & The Shads must mention 'Shades of Rock' - top hammond action from part time member Mr Hawkshaw. Another good one to look for is the Hank & Cliff 45 with the psychey 'Joy of Living' on one side and the breakbeat action of 'Boogitoo' on the other.

oh... and 'Scotch on the Socks' too
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                            "From Hank Bruce Brian & John" - you can see it here:

http://www.cliffandshads.co.uk/
                            Thanks Lee, saved me the bother... there's two or three good un's on this one, not to be passed over for cheap.

Whilst were talkin' Cliff, can I mention the 'Dynamite' 45, which also has some pretty good geetar action in it...
                            In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

shads before bedtime

shades of rock is fantastic - nobody could believe it when i played this to them at first.

a shadows l.p called established 1958 has a great track called [ i think ] voyage to the bottom of the bath !!

there is many rich picking standing in the shadows.
                              Rockwell
                              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                              X