• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down in the groove.

Some nice shows coming up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/a..._feature.shtml

Forthcoming shows:
    08/05/2005 - DJ Gu (Urban Jazz Groove - Bremen, Germany)
    15/05/2005 - Blues special
    22/05/2005 - Steve Cato (The Cool Off, Outta Sight - Manchester)
    29/05/2005 - Eddie Roberts (guitarist, New Mastersounds)
    05/06/2005 - Alan Hawkshaw (The Mohawks, KPM/De Wolfe/Bruton/Chappell library musician)
    12/06/2005 - Freakbeat special
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Brilliant Radioshow

Rumour has it that a certain couple of Vinyl Vultures were spotted in the Leeds B.B.C. studio's last week....go on then lads....give us a tracklisting
    Country be dyin like poor people do
    Hospitals be closing...doors to me and you (Lopazz - Blood)

And here's some other stuff that i get up to...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Serio...796469?fref=ts

Comment

"Down in the Grooves features studio guests most weeks. Those who have featured on the show include Matt Bradshaw (Boogaloo @ the HiFi Club)"

Wonder what that was like?

Shame I missed the Gu one. He's good.
      Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by Shiftless When Idle
        Rumour has it that a certain couple of Vinyl Vultures were spotted in the Leeds B.B.C. studio's last week....go on then lads....give us a tracklisting
        Haha! Indeed! The show must be airing late June, judging by the track listing that Sermad posted up...

We were with Jim Addyman on the same day as Daddy Bones called by to recorded a show at the same time as us... And then naturally the four of us left for a rummage thro' some record shops before quickly decamping to the nearest bar!

I think Chris and I played 5 or 6 records each, very "vinyl vulture" in style, so expect wierd and wonderful (with equally strange stories to match) rather than funky grooves...

Apart from the Yorkshire-bred cover version of "Funky Nassau"
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Shall look forward to this!
          Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Working...
          X