Morgan Music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan Music.

Anyone know who owns the rights to morgan music these days? Zomba or BMG maybe?

Tooo busy to ring mcps right now.
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Ring up MCPS you lazy git.

I think it's BMG...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

BTW - that's a dapper lookin' handlebar you're sporting on your new avatar, young master Buni...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Quares? What have quares done wrong?

Maxwood Music - 020 7267 6899
        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

is Barry Morgan still alive theses days?
          Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by uglycustard
            is Barry Morgan still alive theses days?
            Alive and well and livin' near me!
            A leaping rocker with a strong mood, a moderate beat and a safari feel.

Comment

Cool! Is he still doing the percussioning, at all? I think he gave up the drums, but I saw him playing in the Harry Stoneham band on the Clive James Show a few years back.

Comment

Barry Morgan is still one of my heros. He, Alf Bigden and Ronnie Verell wera a huge influence on me when I was a budding drummer in the '70s.

That's Barry playing on the 'Sweeny' theme tune - plus a thousand others.

I picked up a couple of fine recordings recently;

'Music For Dancefloors - The Cream Of The KPM Music Green Label Sessions'.
                'Girl In A Sportscar' - Alan Hawkshaw compilation. (Hungry Hawk)
                'Ready, Steady, Boogaloo!' - Amphonic library compilation. (Sumit)

A personnel list would have been really helpful.

Anyway, all 3 are facinating listening...er...if you like that kind of thing...

ppc
                www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

You've picked three of my favourite drummers there, PPC - though I'd also add Kenny Clare (star of most of the 60s KPM sessions) to the list.

Didn't know it was Barry on The Sweeney (though it makes a lot of sense) - it's him on The Hanged Man, that I do know!

Comment

Barry is a fine drummer,along with my bassplaying hero Herbie Flowers.Talking of the Sweeny checkout "movement 1" here we have Barry and Herbie inventing "drum n bass"..
                    Herbie once said "In the 70's I spent more time with the drummer Barry Morgan than I did in bed with my wife!"

steve
                    Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by primeporkycut
                      Barry Morgan is still one of my heros. He, Alf Bigden and Ronnie Verell wera a huge influence on me when I was a budding drummer in the '70s.

That's Barry playing on the 'Sweeny' theme tune - plus a thousand others.

I picked up a couple of fine recordings recently;

'Music For Dancefloors - The Cream Of The KPM Music Green Label Sessions'.
                      'Girl In A Sportscar' - Alan Hawkshaw compilation. (Hungry Hawk)
                      'Ready, Steady, Boogaloo!' - Amphonic library compilation. (Sumit)

A personnel list would have been really helpful.

Anyway, all 3 are facinating listening...er...if you like that kind of thing...

ppc
                      Alf Bigden was/is incredible - one of the best drummers ever, full stop. His technique is perfect and the sheer brilliance of his playing never fails to amaze me. Britain's answer to Billy Cobham, make no mistake.

Comment

anyone ever checked out Tony williams solo stuff?
                        my favourite has to be Tony Williams-Ego,great drumming and fantastic acoustic bass playing from Ron Carter and fret-less from Jack Bruce,not to mention the mad organ playing of Larry Young,shame about Tony's bloody terrible voice...

steve
                        Herbie Flowers

Comment

Ah yes. Larry Young - one of the greatest Hammond players. 'Unity' is IMO his finest moment.

What is it with Drummer records and the obligatory vocal track??
                          Steve Gadd and Stix Hooper are two other drummers who fancied a 'bark' on their solo efforts.

While we're at it, let's here it for Brit drummers, Clem Cattini and Bobby Graham, Brian Bennet and Kenny Clare (who played on my favourite, Dankworth's 'Tommorow's World' theme tune.) They're no slackers either.

A shot in the dark I know but does anyone have a link(s) to any sites that list personnel on the kind of records I listed in my previous post? I know musician credits were usually weren't usually included on this type of stuff and I guess (at the time) nobody thought this kind of music would have so many fans 30 years on...

Thanks.

ppc
                          Last edited by primeporkycut; 22-05-2005, 10:34 AM.
                          www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

ah how could I forget Clem Catini,his explosive drummming on the above "Custard"

I've never seen any websites as such,but I know what you mean as I like to know who the musicians are on an lp,the trouble is with library stuff the musicians could change over the space of the lp.
                            I can normaly tell be ear quite easly if Herbie's on bass though!

steve
                            Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by primeporkycut
                              Ah yes. Larry Young - one of the greatest Hammond players. 'Unity' is IMO his finest moment.

What is it with Drummer records and the obligatory vocal track??
                              Steve Gadd and Stix Hooper are two other drummers who fancied a 'bark' on their solo efforts.

While we're at it, let's here it for Brit drummers, Clem Cattini and Bobby Graham, Brian Bennet and Kenny Clare (who played on my favourite, Dankworth's 'Tommorow's World' theme tune.) They're no slackers either.

A shot in the dark I know but does anyone have a link(s) to any sites that list personnel on the kind of records I listed in my previous post? I know musician credits were usually weren't usually included on this type of stuff and I guess (at the time) nobody thought this kind of music would have so many fans 30 years on...

Thanks.

ppc
                              Not that it matters or is in any way important, but I'm sure it's Harold Fisher playing drums on 'Tomorrow's World'.

Comment

Working...
                              X