Duke of Burlington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke of Burlington

Anyone know any background info on the duke? I was introduced to his fine psych mod instrumentals back in the early 90's by record man round london town Po-lo. Since picked up a comp on wah wah and a ltd reissue of the 'pressed piano'. Viva Tirado seems to end up all over the place... Is the duke Italian?
    Soundcloud

to divert slightly from the question,I love 30 60 90,ever hear the version blasting out of the nightclub in the film "Get Carter"? thats the defo version to me,shame its not on the soundtrack lp.

steve
    Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by uglycustard
      to divert slightly from the question,I love 30 60 90,ever hear the version blasting out of the nightclub in the film "Get Carter"? thats the defo version to me,shame its not on the soundtrack lp.
      It's by Jack Hawkins. Personally, my favourite is Willie Mitchell's.
      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza
        Anyone know any background info on the duke? I was introduced to his fine psych mod instrumentals back in the early 90's by record man round london town Po-lo. Since picked up a comp on wah wah and a ltd reissue of the 'pressed piano'. Viva Tirado seems to end up all over the place... Is the duke Italian?
        The last time I asked this question, the thread descended into a discussion about dolly mixtures. Good look in your quest.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
          It's by Jack Hawkins. Personally, my favourite is Willie Mitchell's.
          No Chance... Flaming Souls on Atlantic City.
          http://wakeupanddie.com
          http://weirdgearnyc.com
          http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by ladyboygrimsby
            The last time I asked this question, the thread descended into a discussion about dolly mixtures. Good look in your quest.
            Could it be that no-one out there knows???
            Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Cope
              No Chance... Flaming Souls on Atlantic City.
              But I don't know that one so it can't be my favourite...
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by mendoza
                The Duke Of Burlington were a band - not an individual.....and yes they were Italian....

Comment

Jackie Mittoo's '30-60-90' is rather good too
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The main man behind the Duke Of Burlington was Italian pianist/accordionist Mario Battaini (1931-2000), who also made jazz accordion records under the alias Batman.

I think the Duke of Burlington name was originally coined as a rip-off of 'The Marquis of Kensington' - the Marquis did the original version of 'Flash', which the Duke covered (and rather well, I might add).

The Duke's recording of Flash also appeared on a German LP credited to one Early Freeman und sein Orchester - Early Freeman appears to be a house pseusonym used by the Italian production company Saar who recorded the Duke Of Burlington material.

Comment

Originally posted by uglycustard

steve
                      It is a shame, however I don't know if you know, but you can get hold of that track on Jack Hawkins Psychedelic Seventies LP.

More Info here :-

Jack Hawkins
                      Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy_Stardust_72
                        It is a shame, however I don't know if you know, but you can get hold of that track on Jack Hawkins Psychedelic Seventies LP.

More Info here :-

Jack Hawkins
                        Martin? from Soul Explosion had copies of both pressings recently
                        We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
                          The main man behind the Duke Of Burlington was Italian pianist/accordionist Mario Battaini (1931-2000), who also made jazz accordion records under the alias Batman
                          Thank the Lord (Thames) for sharing that info... Mucho appreciation...
                          Soundcloud

Comment

Okay then, who were The Marquis of Kensington?. Are they as good as Duke of Burlington??

David S.
                            God bless Fatso.

Comment

didn't he invent dolly mixtures.
                              MODZ
                              Hero No.9
                              Last edited by Col Wolfe; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.
                              THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER CRIPZ AT SOME POINT ITS HARD TO SAY

Comment

Working...
                              X