Guantanamera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guantanamera

I realise i'm providing nothing to go on here, but I once heard a groovy version of Guantanamera, really, honestly I did.

Everytime i've put a needle on a version since it's made me wince. It can be a particularly annoying tune ( akin to the birdy song for irritablity ), but that one version...

So what i'm asking is can anyone recommend a great version of Guantanamera and save me from subjecting my ears to terrible versions, which then spin around my head for the rest of the day...
    In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

ska cut to it is killer, skatalites of course, i think under roland alphonso? can't remember label, treasure isle i suspect

Comment

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz
      I realise i'm providing nothing to go on here, but I once heard a groovy version of Guantanamera, really, honestly I did.

Everytime i've put a needle on a version since it's made me wince. It can be a particularly annoying tune ( akin to the birdy song for irritablity ), but that one version...

So what i'm asking is can anyone recommend a great version of Guantanamera and save me from subjecting my ears to terrible versions, which then spin around my head for the rest of the day...
      The Big Jim H / Duke Grant version on SGA has a superb funky organ freakout section - maybe this one?
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

The Christian Bruhn Orchester do a good one too.

Comment

It's not on stereo gold award.... but those are good It's more loungey and was on a boxless tape on an old touring coach... so probably mainstream major release... Not heard lord Thames version so tis possible....
          In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
          X