Inset day finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inset day finds

Remember when you were at school and the teachers had a training day so you got a day off, you probably thought that they were in boring stuffy meetings while you were out on yor BMX.........Wrong!

Here's what I found on my inset day:

Deodato - Superstrut 7"
    Deodato - 2001 7"
    The Johnny Harris Orch - Lulu's theme / Footprints on the moon 7"
    The Original Trinidad Steel Band LP
    James Last - Well Kept Secret (Again)
    Electronic Organs Today - One great track by Koichi Oki, anyone know anything about him?
    Bert Kaempfert - That latin Feelin - mambo Mania is such a cool track.
    Liza Minnelli - The Singer - Cool version of Use Me
    Blue Mink Live at the Talk of the Town - Interesting version of Whole Lotta Love amongst other things
    Play On - Songs From Playschool
    Jungle Brothers - Black is Black 12"

Nice couple of flexi's

they're some kind of "not for sale" cadburys promo thing "Issued by the Cadbury's Fruit & Nut party" and "Whole Nut party"

everyones a fruit and nutcase, dada da da dada da da daaaaaaaa !
    SECRET RUSSIAN ROMANTIC GUITAR PSYCH BREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ 20 June 2003,22:53)]Electronic Organs Today - One great track by Koichi Oki, anyone know anything about him?
      There was a write up of an LP by him (on ad-rhythm) in one of LDJB's recent charts as I recall... 'Yamaha Superstar' or something like that.
      a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

I ddt hve a in Day but because of California Budget cuts my school isn't able to stay open for summer session. So this is my Insert Semester. All this was under $8

Iceberg - "Does It Live" - Some crazy private press LP's filled with Funk Moog Madness, and electric keyboards. The back cover shows his studio set up whichis nothing bu keyboards on late 70's eletronic synths.

Etta James - "S/T" - This is a trade copy I pcked up today on the cheap. Nice funky work on "you can leave your hat on and about half of the other tunes on this LP.

Willie Bobo & The Bo-Gents - "Do What You Want To Do" Man I almost fell over when saw this at a local store with a 1.99 price tag on it.

Freddie Hubbard - "Keep your Soul Together"

Freddie Hubbard - "Backlash"

Freddie Hubbard -"Sing a Song of Songmy"

Freddie Hubbard - "Red Clay" - Beleive it or not I left a few Freddie Hubbards behind.

Michael Legrand - "Brians Song" - Yet another one I picked up as a trade copy

Ike & Tina Turner "In Person" I havent listened to this yet but it has covers of "Everday People", "Soof A Preacher Man", "Respect", and a song called "Funky Street"

Eivets Rednow "S/T" Stevie Wonder under a pretty obvious alias doing an all instrumental album in '68. Has a cople nice tunes including a cover of "Grazing in the Grass"

Thelonius Monk - "The Unique" - This one blew me away perhapsthe cleanest OG Mono Jzz LP I've ever seen. I rarely get real record nerdy about condition but this was clean,had the OG Riverside Label, and the deep groove.

Comment

Woke up early today to watch the Mighty All Whites destroy the Aussies at rugby, bring on the World Cup!!

Started to pack my records ready for my house move this Thursday

Had enough and went to check out some Charities, found:

Don Menza - Morning Song - Stone mint original on MPS. The track New Spanish Boots is great!!

Jack Parnell - Braziliana - Another copy of this!

TV Favourites - Version of Doctor Who is worth a listen

Roger Coulam - Hammond sounds To Spoil You - Another copy of this, Ode to BJ is the track.

The Disciples - Jesus Christ Superstar

Sounds Orchestral - Places We've Been, Faces We've Seen - Decent bossa ish version of Scarborough Fair

Tony Tyrone - Momento (Signed!&#33 - Tony was a cabaret singer in the 70's, decent stab at Sunny and New London.

King Kong - Funky Reggae - Version of Funky Nassau

Chico Arnez - Non Stop Dance Party - Do the Funky Chicken etc

Demis Roussos - Magic - cool version of let it Happen

Black Blood - S/T - Don't know anything about this but they seem to be Spanish. Funky Afro disco seems to be the order of the day. Anyone know these guys?

Sounds Around the Circus Tavern - pants except for one track, Music which is semi pants!

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (llmod1 @ 21 June 2003,12:39)]Black Blood - S/T - Don't know anything about this but they seem to be Spanish. Funky Afro disco seems to be the order of the day. Anyone know these guys?
            I got a US Pressing of this LP on the Mainstream label, it says that the album was reorded in Belgium. Very nice on the uptempo Afro funk tip. You got a to loe a band that features guys named Ringo, Abraham, and Steve.

Comment

Only found one LP on my travels today to buy (that was Ike Isaacs' 'Lutes & Flutes' on rediffusion) but while digging it out of a very thin rack, the guy in the shop told me he'd just dumped a couple of boxes full of 'that sort of stuff' out the back, by the bins...a quick rescue mission yielded the following:

James Last - Beachparty ('happy brasilia&#39
              Denny wright - Non Stop Pepsi Party
              Russian Folk Choruses (on melodya)
              Susumo Kondo & Night Strangers - 'At A Corner Of A Night Club' (strange Japanese EZ LP, with not bad version of 'Girl From Ipanema' on it)
              Claude Guilhot - 'Joue Bach au Vibraphone'
              Rediffusion Stereo Sampler ('Birds n Brass - Sort Of Soul)
              Irene Papas - Songs Of Theodorakis (Greek Folky business)
              ZZ Top's First Album (1980 copy of 1970 LP)
              John Williams - Changes/The Height Below (Pye Cube double with bizarre Emperor Nero suite full of koto & tablas, versions of 'House Of The Rising Sun', 'Woodstock' & Dudley Moore's 'Horizon' among other things)
              Michael Legrand - Man & His Music: Windmills Of Your Mind
              Phase 4 World Of Ronnie Aldrich

Don't need any of them, but couldn't just leave 'em there, now could I??
              a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wayne @ 23 June 2003,14:56)]Susumo Kondo & Night Strangers - 'At A Corner Of A Night Club' (strange Japanese EZ LP, with not bad version of 'Girl From Ipanema' on it)
                Claude Guilhot - 'Joue Bach au Vibraphone'
                As you don't need them, any chance I can have these ones?
                (On the scrounge again.....)

Comment

No problem, Mr Thames...in fact, I've still got some LPs waiting to be parcelled up & posted to you, so I'll chuck 'em all in together when I finally get round to visiting the PO again...

Comment

Do any of us really NEED more records?

Not that I don't want 'em, maybe I'm trying to justify a lean period. Only thing I've got is the first Sisters of Mercy album for 2euro recently.
                    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

My mum once said to me "Don't you think you've got enough records" - talk about missing the point.......
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                        Quote[/b] (LDJB @ 23 June 2003,15:34)]My mum once said to me "Don't you think you've got enough records" - talk about missing the point.......
                        She's only asked you the once?!?  You definitely don't have enough records then Lee...
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                        X