Central Nervous System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Nervous System

Just got an LP by these lot through the post - 'I Could Have Danced All Night'.

Bought blind and got it on the cheap but its cracking stuff all round, especially 'A Heart That's Cold' and 'I'm Comin' To Get Ya'. Really, really enjoying it.

Anyone got any other recommendations by them?
    Mixes, compilations and the like

Originally posted by Little Jimmy Oddman
    Just got an LP by these lot through the post - 'I Could Have Danced All Night'.

Bought blind and got it on the cheap but its cracking stuff all round, especially 'A Heart That's Cold' and 'I'm Comin' To Get Ya'. Really, really enjoying it.

Anyone got any other recommendations by them?
    Hadn't listened to this for a number of years, but recently had another listen and I think it's great. Can be picked up for cheap as well, like a lot of this genre

Sorry, don't know of any other LP's by them.
    "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Any other stuff you'd recommend like it?

Comment

[QUOTE=Campag Record] Can be picked up for cheap as well, like a lot of this genre
        QUOTE]
        which genre is this??
        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

which genre is this??
          For my money, white guy funk and soul with rocky/pyschey touches...
          Last edited by Little Jimmy Oddman; 27-05-2005, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Sounds good to me.
            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

there was a guy who used to sell this on eBay a lot with a very detailed description of the group.

Supposedly this is an exploito type psych funk LP featuring one of the trumpet players in Blood Swaet and tears.

I guess that would make similar stuff things like BS&T? Lucretia McEvil?

Aesops Fables on Cadet Concept comes to mind as well

Comment

ides of march?

vehicle and some of their other album tracks / some of the stuff on the HDH label . if my memory serves me well -flaming ember - rock/soul /psych stuff ..

that scorched earth cd that came out a while back has some fine tracks on from this genre [?]
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                X