war of the worlds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• war of the worlds

Seems the Americans have taken over a classic piece of British art yet again!

Originally posted by surfcookie
    British Art? Where's that then?

Look out for next year's big remake: It's All Gone Funkmaster Flex... starring Ashton Kutcher in a tale of big shiny wheels, treachery, and redemption at MTV Spring Break Daytona Beach.
    www.futurefunk.net/

Comment

Originally posted by surfcookie
      what hasn't Hollywood taken over? the question you should be asking is, what will they ruin next? as an American I take great offense to the fact that Hollywood has single-handedly ruined many classic films (foreign & domestic) for the sole purpose of making a quick buck off of younger generations who are still wet behind the ears. if you're too lazy and ignorant to watch a film as it was originally released then you should be shot out of a cannon into a nest of fire ants.

Comment

Originally posted by mech1
        what hasn't Hollywood taken over? the question you should be asking is, what will they ruin next? as an American I take great offense to the fact that Hollywood has single-handedly ruined many classic films (foreign & domestic) for the sole purpose of making a quick buck off of younger generations who are still wet behind the ears. if you're too lazy and ignorant to watch a film as it was originally released then you should be shot out of a cannon into a nest of fire ants.
        And what's the most horrible example?
        Turning Godzilla into a skinny little coward running like like a little girle from the helicopters instead of CRUSHING!
        "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
        and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

I am waiting for Hollywood to do a re-make of Birth of A Nation with glamourous actors like Ashton Kuchner as the heroic klansmen.
          Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup
            I am waiting for Hollywood to do a re-make of Birth of A Nation with glamourous actors like Ashton Kuchner as the heroic klansmen.

Or a heroic action-adventure remake with Vin Diesel as Klansman!
            "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
            and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

slightly off-topic but did they ever get around to re-doing The Office in apple pie friendly format...?

Comment

Originally posted by Si Cheeba
                slightly off-topic but did they ever get around to re-doing The Office in apple pie friendly format...?
                Yes - I saw some of it when I was in Canada - pretty bad to be honest - didn't translate too well at all.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Anyone for Russ Abbott doing 'Married With Children'?

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Well, be fair, War Of The Worlds (via Orson Welles) is pretty Hollywood already. And, frankly, I can't think of anyone better than Spielberg to do it. What's the other option? Anthony Minghella?

Of course, I haven't seen the film yet though...
                    Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

If it doesn't have Justin Hayward singing 'Forever Autumn', I ain't interested.

Comment

If it does have Justin Hayward singing 'Forever Autumn', I ain't interested.
                        Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                          Yes - I saw some of it when I was in Canada - pretty bad to be honest - didn't translate too well at all.
                          I hereby refute this! Despite having plenty of doubts I've seen six episodes so far and think it's pretty good. It's a bit more extreme, cringe-wise, than the UK version and I think the guy playing the office geek is especially funny. The basketball episode is worth downloading...
                          Errr..Hambone?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Logic
                            I hereby refute this! Despite having plenty of doubts I've seen six episodes so far and think it's pretty good. It's a bit more extreme, cringe-wise, than the UK version and I think the guy playing the office geek is especially funny. The basketball episode is worth downloading...
                            Have to admit - I only saw a couple and I was quite *tired* at the time
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup
                              Or 'Battleship Potemkin' with Mr Arnold Schwartzanegger, or failing that if Arnie's to busy, Bruce Willis...
                              In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Working...
                              X