Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wolfgang Dauner - Sun is rising 45 (take of your clothes...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfgang Dauner - Sun is rising 45 (take of your clothes...)

Woo!

I found this 45 for cheap, just wanted to share the joy with you all
    rick wakeman´s keyboard

Originally posted by wickerman
    Woo!

nice, I didn't even know there was a 45 of that... hmmm... what label is it on?

on the 'weekend finds' tip, I just picked up a pretty odd jazz record, 'Journey to Nigritia' by Nate Morgan on Nimbus... pretty deep gear from 1983, though it doesn't sound like it at all, very much in the strata east-Black jazz vein. Look I just foudn an article about it... http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/arti...l.php?id=17144
    and if we include postal arrivals, and things still in the post (beaver style) then i can add for this week + last

a bunch of Percy Mayfield 45s
    Ellington 'Such sweet thunder'
    Pentangle s/t
    Bert Jansch + John renbourn 'Stepping stones' LP
    Bobby Jones 'welcome back a foolish man' on the excellently named 'Kack' label, maybe poorly known on the 'funk' scene, seems to get classed as a crossover record?
    Bobby Bland 'Yum yum tree'
    Pete La Roca 'Turkish bath' LP, signed!
    Jazz Explosion UK 60s decca comp, feat really top drawer stuff
    another decca sampler with Garrick's 'Promises' on it
    a 70s issue blues comp with 78-only (? pretty certain) Nawlins killer 'New Bonton Roula' by Clarence Garlow... SUPER TOUGH
    and a little collection of top jazz ep's and 78s donated by a family friend, Monk, Miles, Dizzy, Mingus, MJQ, etc all represented, round about 15 ep's and 30 78s.

and if you can count going to gigs too, went to see John Tchicai +Evan Parker last week (uber-trendy crowd, resonance fm, fourtet, spiritualised etc.), serious free-jazz action, and Stan Tracey last night: what a f*cking don. Jazz, man. That's whats hip for cats in the oh-5.
    Last edited by francis; 29-05-2005, 05:37 PM.

Comment

MPS pink label
      rick wakeman´s keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
        Woo!

... which features on my Summer Swap CD. Not the 45 I might add - nice find
        Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

Originally posted by francis

Pete La Roca 'Turkish bath' LP, signed!
          aye, a fine, fine thing.

and as for that wolfgang dauner 45, memories are made of that tune for me. never new a 45 existed. onto the list it goes then.

Comment

Working...
          X