Jack Kane Of Record Collector - RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Kane Of Record Collector - RIP

Apparently Jack Kane who writes articles for Record Collector, and is the editor of the Rare Record Price guide took his own life at the weekend.

Didn`t know him at all, but sad to hear of an avid collector going out of the big door.
    "I`m not saying that i think guitars are better than women, but i don`t know too many guys who fell out of love with their guitar" - Les Paul

Shocking News, where did you hear this ?
    Vinyl Sales are outstripping CD Sales 10000 to 1

Comment

Jack posted on the exotica list from time to time, he will be sorely missed.

His funeral is today I believe some where in Stoke Newington... apparently he left very specific instructions for the service...
      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

It was a while, actually, not last weekend. Maybe ten days ago? I'm on a music journalist email list and it was posted on there over a week ago. Very sad. Apparently, he'd had some (unspecified) personal problems...
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

jack kane

heard it mentioned on marc riley's MINT show a day or two ago.

couldn't get my head around it - a tragic shame - he seemed like a really decent bloke.
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

RIP
            Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

It happened the week before last sunday...

Just like Fuz, I knew him from the exotica list - I liked his class and always missed him when he was not around (he'd come and go).

Sad to know he'll never be back.
              CORSO: What kind of advice you got for politicians?

BURROUGHS: Say the truth once and for all and shut up forever.

Comment

Teessider, thanks for posting this up. I hadn't heard and this is very sad news. I met him a few times when I lived in London as he was going out with a friend's sister, and he would often be lurking in the background when we out or when he came to see the band we were in. I hope RC gives him a decent tribute in a future issue.
                The Pop Music Library

Comment

Working...
                X