Sunday 'slaughtered lamb' style disco madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 'slaughtered lamb' style disco madness

I'm usually very adverse to posting these type of things, but I had to tell someone about the great night out me & my mates just had.

I'd had a busy weekend - we did a northern do at our local on Friday (followed by a lengthy lock in), then I went to the St Ivo northern allnighter on Saturday. At a BBQ my mate remembered we had been booked to do a disco at a pub out in the sticks Sunday 7:30-10:30. We thought it would be dead as a doornail but went along anyway just to pass the time.

Things didn't look good when we turned up. There was a real Slaughtered Lamb vibe (ala American Werewolf in London) about the place.

Anyway we set up and started playing a few slow things and no shit the gathered locals (old, young, men and women) kept on the dancefloor until we had to call it a night at 11:30. They were up for going on until past 12
    but us soft lads had to be up early so we cried off.

I've never had so much of a laugh in ages. The landlord wants us to do it monthly now. Here's an example of a few things I played so you can see it wasn't 'Come On Eileen' that kept them dancing:

Solu Music Feat Kimblee - Fade (Wave)
    Sunshine Anderson - Heard It All Before QSO Mix (Rebutz White)
    Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes (WB)
    The Rebirth - This Journey In (Handcuts)
    Jaheim - Diamond In Da Ruff (WB)
    Kamaal The Abstract - Barely In Love (Arista Promo)
    Focus - Having Your Fun (Versatile)
    Chosen 2 - To Be Free (Do Right)
    Blaze Featuring Amira - I Think Of You Restless Soul Mix (Slip N Slide)
    Strength - Carolyn Harding & Freeform Five (Artofdisco)

After 3 slowies (wicked! can't remember when I last played an 'erection section' at the end of the night)
    My mate Gary ended with Tainted Love by Gloria Jones to a full dancefloor (ok about 20 people) who kept asking for one more

I haven't a clue why I'm posting up to tell you lot - Am I turning into the Marco of the VV board?
    He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Originally posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Hadrian Elephant @ 23 June 2003,01:08)]Here's an example of a few things I played so you can see it wasn't 'Come On Eileen' that kept them dancing:

Solu Music Feat Kimblee - Fade (Wave)
    Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes (WB)
    The Rebirth - This Journey In (Handcuts)
    Jaheim - Diamond In Da Ruff (WB)
    Kamaal The Abstract - Barely In Love (Arista Promo)
    Focus - Having Your Fun (Versatile)
    Chosen 2 - To Be Free (Do Right)
    Blaze Featuring Amira - I Think Of You Restless Soul Mix (Slip N Slide)
    Strength - Carolyn Harding & Freeform Five (Artofdisco)

After 3 slowies (wicked! can't remember when I last played an 'erection section' at the end of the night)
    My mate Gary ended with Tainted Love by Gloria Jones to a full dancefloor (ok about 20 people) who kept asking for one more  

I haven't a clue why I'm posting up to tell you lot - Am I turning into the Marco of the VV board?
    WOT !!!!
    No Michael jackson hayd
    Whats you're style ?

Comment

I'm after a copy of this but having trouble finding one - can anyone help me out?
      http://wakeupanddie.com
      http://weirdgearnyc.com
      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (Nick Cope @ 23 June 2003,08:58)]Sunshine Anderson - Heard It All Before QSO Mix (Rebutz White)

I'm after a copy of this but having trouble finding one - can anyone help me out?
        Nick, you are in luck. I love this track and went on a mad mission to find a copy that resulted in me ending up with two. My spare copy has been across the Atlantic twice enjoying a brief stay in New York City. Sadly it didn't have time to see the sites and told me it had hoped to visit Ground Zero but 'them's the breaks'. I'll happily trade it with you for something that also puts a big grin on my face and has me singing very badly about the evils of men.  

Comment

I got mine off Fat City.

They had sold out, but I heard a rumour they had them back in again.

Worth a try.....
          He also contributed songs for the Jim Henson movie vehicle 'Muppets From Space'.

Comment

Working...
          X