Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton john "are you ready for love"

ahem...

there's an ashley beedle re-edit of this doing the rounds at the moment. white label I think. anyone know where I might get hold of a copy. (or am I being hopelessly naive?)

...i can't beleive there's an elton john record I want.
    Endless Tripe

I find juno really good for all my record neeeds.

Maybe rough trade too?
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
      Quote[/b] (son of stan @ 23 June 2003,12:14)]...i can&#39;t beleive there&#39;s an elton john record I want.
      I&#39;d very much doubt that you don&#39;t already own something he&#39;s played on.

Oh, the horror&#33;&#33;&#33;

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I doubt whether you&#39;ll find it yet. It&#39;s coming out on Southern Fried, but it&#39;s not been promo-ed yet. There are CD-Rs and TPs knocking about. You can pick up the OG pretty easy, though, if you want to. It&#39;s on an 12-inch EP from about 75 called the Thom Bell Sessions. That&#39;s why it&#39;s so good: it was recorded with MFSB.
        http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Originally posted by [b
          Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ 23 June 2003,13:43)]I doubt whether you&#39;ll find it yet. It&#39;s coming out on Southern Fried, but it&#39;s not been promo-ed yet. There are CD-Rs and TPs knocking about. You can pick up the OG pretty easy, though, if you want to. It&#39;s on an 12-inch EP from about 75 called the Thom Bell Sessions. That&#39;s why it&#39;s so good: it was recorded with MFSB.
          Rounder records in brighton will deffo have them when it is promo&#39;d.

Norman used to work there so they get all that stuff in very early.

If Im back home soon I&#39;ll pop in and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by [b
            Quote[/b] (ladyboygrimsby @ 23 June 2003,13:43)]I doubt whether you&#39;ll find it yet. It&#39;s coming out on Southern Fried, but it&#39;s not been promo-ed yet. There are CD-Rs and TPs knocking about. You can pick up the OG pretty easy, though, if you want to. It&#39;s on an 12-inch EP from about 75 called the Thom Bell Sessions. That&#39;s why it&#39;s so good: it was recorded with MFSB.
            On pink vinyl too

Let me know if you have trouble getting hold of one ... I&#39;ll try and find out the official release date too ...

R&#39;Fnk
            FunkyDown
            Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Cheers lads.

I think I know where I might be able to get hold of an original this weekend.

(...my mates just love it when I play the &quot;guess who this is then...go on guess...&quot; game).
              Endless Tripe

Comment

I got one yesterday - Disques in Islington have got 50 or so but they selling like crazy&#33;

On lovely pink vinyl with a brilliant stencil Elton John on the plastic sleeve.

Its an Ibeeeeza anthem if ever I&#39;ve heard one - good for house parties and such. Er...roll on the summer

Comment

Think there&#39;ll be a few of the ltd. pink ones in the shops, but you can get it here from Monday - click on the Shop bit ... http://www2.southernfriedrecords.com/

Then I think the proper release is 1st September with extra mixes - including Thom Bell and original radio edits ...

On a super audiophile note, the guy who did the cut on the pink 12&quot; was telling me they cut it at half speed for extra volume and fatness&#33; He&#39;s just cut my new 12&quot;, so I&#39;m in good company. I couldn&#39;t afford the half speed process tho
                  FunkyDown
                  Facebook | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                  X