Sin City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sin City

went to see it last night and it was great so i thought i'd share that with you folks.

If you've read any of the comics you'll love it and if you have'nt you'll probably love it anyhoo!

Mickey Rourke is great as Marv!
    www.benjavens.blogspot.com

Yeah I liked it too. Great visuals. Little lacking in the script department though! Nuff violent...
    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

How violent and gory is this film? Im supposed to be seeing it on Sat night but am not a great fan of blood and guts, im sensative like that.
      Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
      www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
      www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

pretty violent. lots of mutilations/heads cut off and that sort of thing.

Not sure about the script, but then i guess because it's based on the comic books where the images tend to be are a more important way of telling the story

Comment

Originally posted by stinkyweaselteets
          pretty violent. lots of mutilations/heads cut off and that sort of thing.
          Great, Ill just have to look away at those bits....
          Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
          www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
          www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Muench
            How violent and gory is this film? Im supposed to be seeing it on Sat night but am not a great fan of blood and guts, im sensative like that.
            forgot to mention that it's not that gory in the traditional sense cos it's black and white with bits of colour and the bloods not always colour. it's a bit like the scene in kill bill (1 or 2 can't remember) where theres a massive fight and loads of people get cut up, but it's so over the top you don't really associate it as being real.

Comment

Excellent, am going to try and catch it tomorrow night!
              Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

lots of T&A too!

Comment

Why does everyone like this except me? I thought it was boring as hell. Comics never work on the big screen.

Comment

Xmen 1 & 2 was a great comic book films. (2 being better I think).

Spiderman 1 & 2 were good too.

The original superman film was great too. Brando on top form there.

Im looking forward to batman begins. Ive heard good reports so far on this.
                    www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                      I used to work in Arkham Asylum.

(i.e. my old place of work is the location used in the new film ).
                      You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
                        Xmen 1 & 2 was a great comic book films. (2 being better I think).

Spiderman 1 & 2 were good too.

The original superman film was great too. Brando on top form there.

Superman two was the best, what with Terence stamp playing Zod and supes giving up his powers.

Also a good (i use the word good loosely) comic book film crossover was Hardware which was taken from 2000AD (thargs future shocks) where lemmy from motorhead plays the part of a speedboat taxi driver listening to the ace of spades on his boat (geynius!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                          I used to work in Arkham Asylum.

(i.e. my old place of work is the location used in the new film ).
                          Rich - is your new avatar a pic of you at work in said asylum?
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                            Rich - is your new avatar a pic of you at work in said asylum?
                            It is me, but me at the first Finders Keepers drums-bass-and-DJ 'after party'...
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Got copies of Sin City already on dodgy dvd's along with Starwars and tons of other stuff that's only just out, Sin City is great but avoid Constantine which is also based on a comic, pants in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X