Shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping.

Any of you ever been bemused by the way someone's packaged a record? I bought an LP off a bric-a-brac seller on eBay the other and, since I suspected she may not have sent too many records by mail, I was patronising and asked her to sandwich it carefully between two pieces of corrugated cardboard and mark the parcel as 'fragile'. It arrived this morning, safely concealed between two cut-to-size sheets of hardboard.

The thing is, since I only wanted one record from the lot I'd won she offered to waive S+H (although I included a couple of quid nevertheless) and she'd have been left with approximately £1.70 profit before even buying the hardboard. So thank you to careful sellers everywhere.
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

I once recieved an lp wrapped in just (german) newspaper.
    Luckly the guy has changed his ways.. all went well

Comment

what gets on my wick is when people charge you £2.50 and you get the record sent in a *used* mailer!!

If I pay £2.50 I expect a brand new mailer at the very least!

Is this Monday Rant day?
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by [b
        Quote[/b] (sermad @ 23 June 2003,15:12)]what gets on my wick is when people charge you £2.50 and you get the record sent in a *used* mailer&#33;&#33;

If I pay £2.50 I expect a brand new mailer at the very least&#33;

Is this Monday Rant day?
        Yay&#33;

To be honest I don&#39;t mind people reusing mailers - recycling and all that. What gets me is when they use pizza boxes...
        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

no by all means recycle - but if you going to do that then charge me *just* the shipping.

grrr rant chomp at the bit

Comment

&quot;don&#39;t get sermad angry. you wouldn&#39;t like him when he&#39;s angry&quot;

let&#39;s get david to make a hulk smilie...

Comment

Originally posted by [b
              Quote[/b] (sermad @ 23 June 2003,15:45)]
              The hair&#39;s spot on, and everything&#33;

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                Quote[/b] (wooly @ 23 June 2003,15:47)]&quot;don&#39;t get sermad angry. you wouldn&#39;t like him when he&#39;s angry&quot;

let&#39;s get david to make a hulk smilie...
                Ok, just give me a moment . . . I&#39;m trying to think up some lame pun around web Banners and Doctor David, but it ain&#39;t coming . . . unlike the smilie . . .

btw who&#39;s scoring the new movie? Can&#39;t beat the old tee vee theme.   ( sniff )
                Laminated with Clarifoil™

also see : davidhopkinson.org

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                  Quote[/b] (Mr_Hopkinson @ 23 June 2003,17:29)]btw who&#39;s scoring the new movie? Can&#39;t beat the old tee vee theme.   ( sniff )
                  Ad in Saturday&#39;s paper mentions &#39;soundtrack by Danny Elfman&#39;...
                  a giant steam-powered turntable in warwickshire plays six foot cement recordings of Prince Albert's speeches to the rejoicing populace

Comment

Danny Elfman&#33; Don&#39;t make me angry . . . . . . resurrect Joe Harnell&#33;

http://www.essenhaitch.co.uk/hulk.gif

Comment

classic, mr hopkinson&#33;&#33;&#33;

Comment

that is genius&#33;

we want more&#33; we want more&#33;

Comment

Indeed. Myself and Rich want a Kylie icon and we want one now. Or perhaps something more polite
                          Matt Hero

Comment

Originally posted by [b
                            Quote[/b] (Matt Hero @ 23 June 2003,22:37)]Indeed. Myself and Rich want a Kylie icon and we want one now. Or perhaps something more polite  
                            You should be so lucky.

http://www.essenhaitch.co.uk/kylie.gif

Comment

Sing hosannah &#33;
                              Matt Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X