radioactive records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radioactive records

any opinions on the radioactive records label? I stumbled across several prog/psych rock album re-issues from this label the other day when I was at the record store but knew nothing of the albums being re-issued or the label itself. just wondering if any of the reissues are worth looking into? if so, which ones?

Wallaces knows 80% of those bands.
    These are highly recommended:

Heavy psyche:
    Morgen
    Stalk Forest Group (pre-Blue Oyster Cult)
    Flower Travelling Band (awesome -Wallace saw them live in 70s when no one knew them)

psyche:
    HP Lovecraft -start with II
    Wizards of Kansas
    Velvert Turner Group (Hendrix taught him the guitar. Of Hendrix-style groups (Jeff Cooper & stoned Wings,Black Diamonds,Rainbow Bridge Band, etc) this is one of the best. There were two versions of the lp -soul and psyche. The only way to distinguish the difference is by the matrix numbers. The psyche mix has the guitar more prominent)

poppsyche:
    Zerfas
    Growing Concern

prog side of things:
    Champignons
    Pirana (some santanaish moves)
    German Oak (krautrock)
    Polyphony
    Mushroom

And, of course, one of the best lps EVER:
    COB -Moyshe McStiff &...

At the psychedelica yahoo groups (and others) LOTS of discussion has gone down about Radioactive - not all of it glowing.

Comment

Originally posted by wallace
      At the psychedelica yahoo groups (and others) LOTS of discussion has gone down about Radioactive - not all of it glowing.
      What's the gist of it? Are they bootlegs?

I'm really digging the SNOW LP they put out a few months ago (I think it was them any way) - "Song Of The Sirens" is ace!
      MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

SNAKEGRINDER AND SHREDDED FIELDMICE
        This '77 lp is perking up many ears. Its on people's Radioactive best lists.
        Long Allman Brothers/Grateful Deadish guitar jams -not so much heavy as rural acidrock. (Also some Band and Santana -sound.)

The one good thing you can say about Radioactive, is that someone there has good taste in US 70s rarities.
        (Wallace wonders if they will ever do SEICHE or ZOKALO.)

Its strange that someone brought up Radioactive here -Wallace thought you lot all had your heads embedded up Klaus Wunderlicht/scratch doub-doub crap et all!

Comment

?!

The 2nd Silver Apples LP is really twisted electronic psyche with a good groove to some of it.

The 1st (which they also reissued) I don't enjoy quite as much, but it's a landmark in electronic blahblah psyche blahblah so probably a worthwhile purchase if you're into that.

Comment

well, don't know if 100% of the radioactive titles are bootlegs but the Relatively Clean Rivers-Beat Of The Earth-Electronic Hole albums are boots for sure. It's a shame because Phil Pearlman, the man behind those groups, was going to put out legit releases throuth the World In Sound label.

Anyway, that Electronic Hole album is just incredible, sounds like Spacemen 3 jamming with the Velvet Underground.

Comment

Spacemen 3 with Velvet Underground.
              Thanks for the warning.
              Wallace could not imagine much worse -except ,of course, if you threw REM into that foul concoction as well.

Beat of the earth -same is a good one though.

Comment

well, if wallace digs the BOTE album, then he'll surely like the Electronic Hole one...

Comment

The Morgen LP is well worth picking up. It was orginally released on ABC Probe and is unsurprisingly expensive in OG form. If you like United States of America you'll probably dig, although it's considerably heavier. A 45 was also released from the LP "Of Dreams/She's The Nitetime.
                  http://www.facebook.com/thegetdown

Comment

RRCD107 - John Schroeder - Dolly Catcher - CD (radioactiverecords RRCD101

worth a listen

steve
                    Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by uglycustard
                      RRCD107 - John Schroeder - Dolly Catcher - CD (radioactiverecords RRCD101

worth a listen
                      No, buy something legit, with far more bang for your buck.

You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by wallace
                        Its strange that someone brought up Radioactive here -Wallace thought you lot all had your heads embedded up Klaus Wunderlicht/scratch doub-doub crap et all!
                        not again. give it a rest, mate

Comment

No, buy something legit, with far more bang for your buck.

My! GAWWWd! how can you not like that bitty organ,minor key,and Herbies clicky farty bass....
                          Herbie Flowers

Comment

Originally posted by uglycustard
                            My! GAWWWd! how can you not like that bitty organ,minor key,and Herbies clicky farty bass....
                            I do, very much (there's a couple of Schroeder completists on this board) but I'm saying spend your money on something that's properly licensed. Not to get into this hoary old chestnut again, support those who people reissue things properly; Licorice Soul, Finders Keepers, Delay 68, Cherrystones, Dean, Jazzman, Fryer, etc. rather than the bootleggers.
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

I cracked and bought their German Oak reissue as I was failing to get the previous reissue never mind the OG. But its disappointing as its only half the length of the previous reissue which had a bunch of extra tracks. Generally produciton values weren't too high.
                              Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Working...
                              X