Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton

Going to Brighton this weekend and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for good places to eat.
    www.benjavens.blogspot.com

yeah! it's more wine and dine a lady than after hours at the kebabalon.

Comment

It's not big or clever food... but I've never failed to have a decent meal at Blind Lemon Alley - you will need to book for a weekend though, gets really busy and it is a tiny place.
      Matt Hero

Comment

Hop Poles - Great little funky boozer. Gets dead busy. Lovely food.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...Poles/Brighton

Basket Makers Arms - Proper filthy pub with great food.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs..._Arms/Brighton

Wai Kika Moo Kau - Really like this place. Nice eatery. On the hustlin' bustlin' kensington gardens.

http://www.brighton-eating.com/424.htm

Loads of record shops in brighton. Most are sadly crap. Try 'Across the tracks' on gardner st I think.
        Last edited by sermad; 03-06-2005, 10:36 AM.
        www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

food for thought

thanks all! and will certainly be looking for some records if i can persuade my girlfriend to let me off the leash, although it is a birthday treat for me so she can't complain too much...can she?

Comment

Tin Drum on the seven dials does some decent grub, also some of the smaller resturants towards hove are nice, the lanes bars/resturants can get a bit busy but mose do fair grub.
            My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
              Wai Kika Moo Kau
              Is that not a 7" by Spencer Mac on Penny Farthing???
              Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Brighton is well gay and there are loads of students there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One
                  Is that not a 7" by Spencer Mac on Penny Farthing???

Comment

Post Brighton post

Had a great time, but forgot all the advice given by you fine folks (nothing personal just have a really bad memory). Ended up eating at a place called Casalingo or summat which was pretty poor really, but went there cos it was near to the hotel and it was cold and late when we arrived. Also had a meal at Terre a Terre which was spot on considering there was no meat to be seen. Had brekkie at the Dorset and although not the best and a bit pricey it filled the void.
                    Managed to pick up some records, however due to the 5hr journey home have’nt yet given them a listen.
                    Nothing amazing, but picked up a coupla breaks that I did’nt have:

Al Jarraeu – Lean on me (hopin this has the break on kissing my love)
                    Deep Purple – In Rock

Also picked up:

KPM – Pipes, flutes and whistles (should yield a sample or two)
                    Steve Hillage – Fish rising (not sure what this will be like, but looked like it might be worth a listen – anybody know?)
                    CCS – Hits album (has whole lotta lovin which if I remember rightly was pretty good, but not heard anything else by them)
                    Jose Feliciano – (can’t remember the name of this one, something something soul – anybody know?)
                    Paul Newman – (again can’t remember the name of it but have another album of theres which is pretty good instrumental rock type stuff)
                    Bill Cosby – (jeez my memories poor – has a picture of him on a go kart on the front?)

Anyway had a pretty fine time!

Comment

Nice one. Terre a tere is one of the best vege restaurants Ive ever been too. Its ace.

Glad you enjoyed the seaside!
                      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

Originally posted by stinkyweaselteets
                        Jose Feliciano – (can’t remember the name of this one, something something soul – anybody know?)
                        'Bag Full Of...'?

If so, it comes highly recommended - 'Work Song', 'Masters Of War', 'You're Taking Hold Of Me', 'Go On Your Way'...
                        You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Hero
                          'Bag Full Of...'?

If so, it comes highly recommended - 'Work Song', 'Masters Of War', 'You're Taking Hold Of Me', 'Go On Your Way'...

Thats it! That'll be the first one out when i get home then.

Yeah terre terre was great! Did'nt have a clue what i'd ordered though. Read a review in the hotel magazine saying the menu was like something from a Dr Seuss book and i think that pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkyweaselteets

CCS – Hits album (has whole lotta lovin which if I remember rightly was pretty good, but not heard anything else by them)
                            All three CCS LPs are winners IMHO. Also most of their 45s seem to have a nice John Cameron Bsides with several of their Asides being excellent in their own right.
                            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB
                              All three CCS LPs are winners IMHO. Also most of their 45s seem to have a nice John Cameron Bsides with several of their Asides being excellent in their own right.

Had never heard of them until i got one of those music for pleasure 60's comps which had whole lotta lovin on, but will be keepin em peeled for other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X