Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Cope
    Black Eyed Peas was embarrassing!
    I like Black Eyed Peas because she can do ethnic looking dance steps and sing "la-la-la" like Fugees at the same time

Comment

• MC Paul Barman --- Paullelujah!

"I would gizz early - in Miss Hurley"

Plus he is gay and Jewish. Which makes a change.

Comment

• Don't know about overlooked, but I got this I Git Minze 12" by Too Nice from 89 yesterday (because the record store didn't have anything else). It has the bonus cut Cold Wild Strong Isle on the back, a primitive, slightly cheesy rap with loud, bad drums about being from Long Island and not taking any crap because of it. Should fit right in with the pseudo primitive ghetto retro 80s rap that is so hot right now

Carry on.....

Comment

• Originally posted by platerpus
          K9 Posse - Chew It Up.
          Did they do the 'this beat is military' track? I liked that a lot... also, who did that 'Court is in Session' track?
          Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Lovegrove
            Did they do the 'this beat is military' track? I liked that a lot... also, who did that 'Court is in Session' track?
            kaos did "court is in session" ,and yes k9 posse did "this beat is military"
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers
              kaos did "court is in session"
              Unless Martin's thinking of 'Court Is Now In Session' by Chill Rob G and Mark The 45 King, with the 'Soul Power '74' sample?
              You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

• Which version of "Court is in session" does the DJ cut up RUN DMC goin "YO!" ? Or is that a completely diffrent track?
                Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

• Actually thinking about it, that might have been "Class Is In Session".
                  Now celebrating over 1000 posts of nonsense.....
                  www.facebook.com/mindtrekers
                  www.soundcloud.com/mr-munch

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Hero
                    Unless Martin's thinking of 'Court Is Now In Session' by Chill Rob G and Mark The 45 King, with the 'Soul Power '74' sample?
                    Yeah I think it's the Chill Rob G one I'm thinking of... that rings a bell.
                    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by kikat
                      MC Paul Barman --- Paullelujah!

"I would gizz early - in Miss Hurley"

Plus he is gay and Jewish. Which makes a change.
                      I once went on a cooking course and my room mate was an Isreali chap who went by the tag Miro, his last name was Yeruham. The Isreali army was paying for his course as a sort of thank you for his national service, you know, thanks for serving now here is a skill go get a living sort of thing. Interestingly he was a pacifist and spent his national service chaufering top brass around. Pretty sure he wasn't gay...

Claimed to be an rapper with gold records in Isreal... no one took him seriously cos he didn't have any recordings of his stuff and he refused to rap for us... nice enough guy though... well into Lee Morgan the jazz trumpeter and he rather enjoyed Pucho when I made him listen to him.

Dispite accompaning us all to the pub every night he never drank, until the last night when I think there was a a little excess in the triffle! and he was talked into a drink at the pub, one thing lead to another and we were treated to some ferocious hebrew rappin on the stagger home...

Trouble is I was so drunk as to be unable to remember anything other than he had actually done it! and even if i could remember it i'm pretty sure that my judgement would have been impaired... Plus i've already demonstated my superficial knowledge of the genre... Google hasn't really helped but did come up with this...

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pa...ID=0&listSrc=Y

Which helps a little but my questions are..

Has anybody heard his stuff?
                      Is it any good?

Any info much appreciated...
                      In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

• ^ bit late now, but the Israeli group is http://www.discogs.com/artist/266170-Shabak-S

on the subject of overlooked hiphop, any love here for J-Zone? never heard of him until now, wished I'd heard "Music For Tu Madre" back in '98

Comment

• Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                          on the subject of overlooked hiphop, any love here for J-Zone? never heard of him until now, wished I'd heard "Music For Tu Madre" back in '98
                          I bought this at the time and to be honest I thought it was bit dull. Just having another listen now and it sounds pretty good.

Comment

• Just read his book, quite amusing. Good stories about working in various studios during the 90's.

Comment

• I only recently discovered this from 2015. Really nice production (all samples)

Kool Keith & L'Orange - Time? Astonishing!

The same producer did this as well which I also really liked.

Marlowe - s/t

Instrumentals:

Comment

• Here are a few
                                Tuff Crew -Danger Zone,I can remember John Peel playing most of the tracks from this one
                                Two Kings in a Cypher -From Pyramids To Projects, I bought this when it came out and played it recently,its excellent
                                Priority One-Total Chaos,this one eluded me when it came out but I picked one up cheap on eBay years ago,amazing beats and rhymes on this one
                                Double X Posse-Put Your Boots On ,fantastic album,massively underrated
                                Makeba and Skratch-Mental Fitness, little known late eighties random rap gem that's super rare and expensive
                                Godfather Don -Hazardous, Ultramagnetic MCs affiliate on the Select label,a weird one as it's really rare compared to other releases on that label.
                                Krown Rulers-Paper Chase,Tuff Crew affiliates from Philadelphia,crazy cover with them dressed as Knights in armour
                                Fat Joe -Represent,I listened to this the other day for the first time in ages,great album produced by DITC,much better than is soft later material
                                KMD-Mr Hood,Doesn't get talked about too much ,but it's solid,discovered by Third Bass and of course one member later became MF Doom
                                Phill Most Chill-All Cuts Recorded Raw,cheating really as this was released a few years back on the excellent DWG label as it was a shelved project but it's amazing hiphop in its rawest form.

Comment

Working...
                                X