No announcement yet.

Cassette Recording Help (100 min tapes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cassette Recording Help (100 min tapes)

Hi there! I'm really into cassettes. I've been recording in my hi-fi stereo for a few years now, and then, recently, I used a 100 min sony cd-it cassette. Once while I was recording, the deck or the cassette started squeaking. The squeaks are recorded in the tape! Is it the 100 min cassette? Are they too long?

I then demagnetized, and cleaned my heads. the squeaking stopped, but at the end of the 100 min cassette, it starts playing too fast, ending up with a diatorted, high pitched music!

Help! ;O

100 min tapes are waaaay too long - they get stretched - simple as that!
    new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

at the end of the 100 min cassette, it starts playing too fast, ending up with a diatorted, high pitched music!

This is what the radical, experimental Fluxus artist of the 60s would call randomness. The idea is to accept the result of the random occurences and appreciate it's uniqueness as a expression of the way chance affects many things in the world.
      I went to university for 5 years.
      LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

c180!!

I have a 30 year-old Scotch c120 tape which still works - sounds like the 'squeaky wheel' sound effect used on Hanna-Barbera cartoons when it plays though.

ppc
        www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

Working...
        X