Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Library music (Selected Sound - Roland Kovac?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library music (Selected Sound - Roland Kovac?)

For a long time I'm searching for the music that has been used in some old Flemish (Belgian) youth series from the 60's and early 70's. The sound designer in those days had a preference for music from Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry, Henry Mancini and Ennio Morricone [there's a lot of music of 'Our Man Flint', 'Sebastian', 'From Russia With Love', 'Goldfinger', 'The Knack And How To Get It', 'Arabesque', 'Gunn', 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly', 'Navajo Joe', 'A Fistful of Dollars', 'For A Few Dollars More', 'Once Upon A Time in The West', 'La Resa Dei Conti' ('The Big Gundown') in this series].

The music that is used in 'De Kat' ('The Cat') [1972] seems to be the most difficult to find. It's another music style and there are no cue sheets in the Belgian television archive about this series. Someone has told me that it sounds very much like cuts from the Chappell Music Library that was popular around 1966-1972. And indeed! It is library music. At the moment, two numbers are identified: Roland Kovac - Training pulse (from the Selected Sound Library in Hamburg) & Roland Kovac - Hunter's beat. But a lot of tracks are not identified (I think some of them are also from Kovac) up to now... You can find sound samples of the music I'm searching for on the following location: http://users.skynet.be/fa001017/audio.html

Can someone help me to find more tracks?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Benjamin

De Kat 1 is 'Elephant Theme' by Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour from Chappell.

I'll go through the others, and if there's anything else I recognise, I'll report here!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Thames
      De Kat 1 is 'Elephant Theme' by Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour from Chappell.
      Great!!! Thanks a lot! Can you tell me where i can find this track?

Comment

De Kat 5: Leaving For Cosmos - Arel/Dutour
        De Kat 6: Sideral Rhythmic - Arel/Dutour

Well, those are all the ones I recognise - hope that's of some use to you.

Do you happen to have De Kat on video? I'd like to see it - it sounds rather good!

Comment

Originally posted by BVCromb
          Great!!! Thanks a lot! Can you tell me where i can find this track?
          Elephant Theme and Leaving For Comos are both on a Chappell CD, Kitsch Pop 2 (CHAP 209), Sideral Rhythmic is commercially available on the CD 'Shut It! The Music Of The Sweeney'.

Contact me via private message or e-mail and I could probably sort you out with copies - let me know.

Comment

Oh, here's another one - Zepposa is the Miss Marple theme by Ron Goodwin. This is available on a couple of CDs to my knowledge.

I think one of the Captain Zeppos series was shown in the UK in the 60s!

Comment

If you're looking for the original vinyl on some of these,

Leaving For Cosmos, Elephant Theme and Sideral Rhythmic all appear on Dance and Mood Music Vol. 19 (Chappell, France, DMM 319). Typically goes for anywhere from $75-$100 as it's one of the best in the series. There are at least six really good cuts on this.

The Selected Sound track you identify (Training Pulse) is also known as Satan Superstar by Kovac and appears on Artistry in Trumpets (Selected Sound 9026) by Bob Elger. Price is anywhere from $25 to $60. Not as good as the Chappell but a really nice track though.

Hope this cuts down the chase for ya...
              http://www.facebook.com/thegetdown

Comment

Many thanks!!!!!

The ending tune of 'De Kat' is 'Hurry Man' (Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour).

A part of 'No Man's Land' (Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour) is even used in the serial.

Comment

hey,

dekat 3: helicopter power by berry lipman (selected sound)

dekat 11: not sure but it's either from the lp: rhythm on the rocks or god means joy by roland kovac (both are selected sound lp's) anyway both are top lp's!

dekat 14: the song is called bottle ghost (also selected sound) from the lp modern cartoon sounds.roland kovac.

dekat 17: not sure but must be berry lipman on selected sound.(maybe from the lp selected sound lp: that's music?!

dekat 19: short number from steelsound/drum action sounds (selected sound).

dekat 20: this is also a selected sound number but i can't remember which one at the moment. but i'm sure it is!

cheers!
                  can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help deeno! It means a lot to me.

Just a question: are you the one that have compiled the cd/lp 'Action Passing'?
                    Last edited by BVCromb; 05-06-2005, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BVCromb
                      Thanks a lot for your help deeno! It means a lot to me.

Just a question: are you the one that have compiled the cd/lp 'Action Passing'?
                      yep ! i'm always happy if i can help. by the way: i have some spares for trade of some of the lp's above. please pm me if you're interested!

cheers mate!
                      can you explain to me what this word means?

www.myspace.com/deenoakathedustybutton

Comment

Sample 2 is 'Sundown' from Jack Arel/Pierre Dutour (commercially available on the CD 'Nuggets - Luke Vibert's Selection').

Comment

Working...
                        X