This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to eat in Covent Garden

Me and the missus are down there on Saturday to see Derren Brown do his thing... any recommendations for veggie / fish places would be highly appreciated as have only eaten in Waggamamas (nice) but would like to try something new... don't want to have to book anything, and would probably eat during the day rather than the evening.

I will talk about some records soon... i promise
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

Despite generally regarding veggie restaurants as the work of the devil (what do you mean there's no bloody meat on the menu?) I can heartily recommend Food For Thought on Neal Street. Stone's throw from Covent Garden. Very cheap and REALLY good veggie food. Even I don't feel cheated at the lack of meat. Love ther puds there, too, yummy.
    http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Ditto on food for thought. While you are in neal street check out 'mytrainers' for some lovely kicks.

Then pop into neals yard and buy some proper stinky cheese!

Oh and the pasty place in covent garden has the fittest barmaid in the world. She looks like a fitter salma hayek.
      www.thesoundlibrary.net <- Changed URL

Comment

They don't have to be just veggie... my wife's a vegetarian, but I 'm not... many time in the past restaurants cater well for the meat eaters and not the veggies, I'd rather she got the better deal (it is her birthday after all) and I don't mind going veggie every now and then.

So if you know somewhere which is a good "all rounder" then feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
          Ditto on food for thought. While you are in neal street check out 'mytrainers' for some lovely kicks.

Then pop into neals yard and buy some proper stinky cheese!
          Damn you... after 15 years of "kepping it real" my last shopping trip for trainers ended up with me buying a pair of *gulp* shoes... completely out of choice. I had that terrible feeling that I was getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by sermad
            I get the impression that MY Trainers is winding down. They've taken out all their fancy display cases and they don't appear to have had much/any new stock in in a while...
            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

The problem with eating in london is that a place can be 5* one day and no star the next.

Comment

serious? mytrainers going? nooooooooooooo?

They were the only place to get decent colourways in and *not* add one £50 to the price. Damn.

Comment

Belgos is good and like a Belgian Version of wagamamas except for Stoomp, Sausages and Moules. And deserts to die for and nice beer too. Check out the menu and location here . . .http://www.belgo-restaurants.com/

I am not sure how vegetarian it is unless fish is ok?
                  My Mixcloud

Comment

excellent falafels at Gaby's, just next to leicester sq tube, and you can get good, rather idiosyncratic sarnies at a place thats next door to Interstate, can't rememebr the road

Comment

That sarnie place is insane - woman in her 60s(?) is the, er, host - was a Playbot bunny back in the day or summat. And her husband is some Indian guru musician or summat else. Actually it's quite funny to eat there.
                      http://wakeupanddie.com
                      http://weirdgearnyc.com
                      http://makethingsmatter.com

Comment

Ahhh A thread that goes from good food, to cheese and then onto trainers. I feel so at home.

Shop about in Covent Garden. There are some lovely little places that do great lunches for all tastes.

The people in CG are friendly and willing to accommodate you ...
                        The peeps in the eateries are the same also!

Comment

I've locked this thread as it keeps getting repeatedly hit with SPAM. If you would like to post in in this thread, please contact any of the site moderators who will unlock it for you. Thanks.
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                          X